Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

CTD when changing views

Guest machammer

Has anyone found a fix for this. This happens even on stock aircraft. I have SP2 and the latest video drivers. I have the 7800GT also. I run in full screen mode using 3 monitors with Matrox Triplehead 2 Go digital.I do not have this problem with FS2004.XP OS and 3.6 intel processor, 4 GB Ram.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

This 'msvcr80.dll' error has just started happening for no reason at all, to me too.No Windows Updates installed recently, no driver changes, no new software installed, everything the same as it was when FSX was running GREAT last week...How can a piece of software suddenly decide to throw up errors when NOTHING HAS CHANGED on the PC?Good grief, all these issues are turning off long standing FS enthusiasts, and some may never come back.

Ok, after calming down, and thinking logically, I took the following steps, which seem to have solved my CTD with msvcr80.dll errors:1.) Uninstalled the MS VC++ 2005 SP1 redist (I had two installed on my system as I'm running XP x64, one for x86 and one for x64.) Checked they were no longer listed in Add/Remove programs.2.) Rebooted the PC3.) Navigated to C:WINDOWSWinSxS and deleted the x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700 folder. There was also another folder x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.XX_x-ww_6b128700 where the XX highlighted by me was a different number to the previous folder mentioned, so I'm assuming a previous/earlier version of the files.4.) Reinstalled the MS VC++ 2005 SP1 redist (x86). This created a fresh x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700 folder within the WinSxS folder, containing msvcr80.dll.The first flight after these steps had no problems, or CTDs, using the same Overland A330 as I was trying to previously.Hopefully this info will be useful to others and possibly help.

Guest Fumbles

I too am experiencing this problem.- It always happens when changing views into the vc- It happens almost every time, but not quite every time. - It has only started happening since installing Acceleration- I have a 7900GT (others have mentioned 7 series in particular)- It's bloody annoying!- Hope to hear about a patch very soon.

>I too am experiencing this problem.>>- It always happens when changing views into the vc>- It happens almost every time, but not quite every time. >- It has only started happening since installing Acceleration>- I have a 7900GT (others have mentioned 7 series in>particular)>- It's bloody annoying!>- Hope to hear about a patch very soon. Try the steps in my post here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=594&page=Hope it helps.

nVidia just came out with a new driver (V. 163.75) on the 7th.I downloaded it, uninstalled my old drivers (V. 163.71), then re-installed the new version. Besure to uninstall the old drivers first (also, save your nvidia settings first).Was able to run full screen, flying a couple of different A/C (incl. the FA/18) and didn't crash (so far).Anyway, I have a 7900GS card and seems like a lot of people reporting the same problems have a 79xx video card also.Sure hope this does the trick!I was sure beginning to hate that I spent money on Accel. and it wouldn't wotrk (properly)!

Guest flightgamer

Sounds like a driver issue....Uninstall your current driver and install the new one for both your Motherboard and Video Card....Get back to us... :)

Guest nels

I've tried the suggested fix of uninstalling the redistributable package and deleting the folders. Unfortunately when I try to delete the folder in WINSXS it says access denied as the files are in use.I downloaded process explorer to see which DLLs were in use and killed each process using them, explorer.exe is one of them and so its impossible to kill the explorer.exe process and delete the folder at the same time.Only way I think I could do this would be to load the Windows XP console from the bootable CD but in my opinion this is just ridiculous. Too much effort to try and fix these CTD's when changing views.I have a clean, 'vanilla' install of FSX with Accel and its happening when I change views in virtual cockpit - I have a nVidia 7900GS 256MB and have update the drivers to the latest.I do hope this problem can get fixed. Its supportive to know others are having the same problems as specific as me. Didn't happen before I installed Accel.Please keep this post going and please post any updates to nVidia drivers / more support.Best,Nels

Have been running FSX since Christmas and now that I am starting to do long (over an hour) flights in IFR conditions. With the additional view switching, communications and overall screen busyness I was also getting to the point where I rarely got to complete a flight due to a CTD or FSX just freezing. Restarting required a re-boot.Took your advice about no AA in the game (I turned on 4X in the video card controls) and filtering back to trilinear and now can complete a flight, taxi to parking (with a number of screen switches), look at a replay and do another flight without a crash. The concern I had with these settings was how the sim would look. When I first got the sim, I had lots of fun balancing detail with minimal shimmering. I did not try the combination of 4XAA on the card and trilinear on the sim before (just did either-or rather than a mix).Anyway, Thank you very much. Hope this helps others and saves many re-installs. It sure works for me!My System:-ASUS P5N-E SLI MoBo-E6300 Core 2 Duo OCd from 1.86 to 2.66GHz-2GB 800GHz memory, stock timing-1-Evga 7900GS 256, stock timing

After a bit more flying, this time in VFR conditions, I returned the filtering to Anisotropic because everything was blurry just a mile out. I do like to see things when doing VFR.Glad to say that I still have not seen a crash so just moving the AA from the game to the video card did the trick for me.Thanks again.My System:-ASUS P5N-E SLI MoBo-E6300 Core 2 Duo OCd from 1.86 to 2.66GHz-2GB 800GHz memory, stock timing-1-Evga 7900GS 256, stock timing