Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

CTD when reloading FSX missions

Ok, I have reinstalled FSX on a larger drive after having it on a smaller drive that I ran out of room for all my addons. So, I replaced my old GrantedRewards.bin file in the new directory, and all is well... mostly. Whenever I fail a mission, or simply want to load a saved mission the first time it works just fine. But consistently on the second reload the CD drive spins up for some reason (the FSX cd is not required to be in the drive right?) and then a crash to desktop. Is this caused by using an old grantedrewards file? Do I have to reinstall FSX again (please say no, lol)

Guest Maul

I just started getting CTDs whenever I'd start up certain missions like the yakutat one and the grumman goose one. Everytime I'd load them up, it would get to 100%, wait about 15 seconds, then it would crash and reboot itself. Then, I decided to take it out of fullscreen mode and load the mission up in windowed mode instead and VOILA!! Works just fine now. After the mission is fully loaded in windowed mode, I switch it over to fullscreen and it works beautifully! Perhaps it's the new nvidia driver or nhancer that is doing this. Oh well, I can do this small workaround for FSX enjoyment!Hope this helps some one.Eric