Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

After Accel. and SP2

Guest carld2002

I am getting the same thing.Every time I try to start the game, it only shows the opening picture, no menu for about 15 seconds. Then I get an error message and it crashes.I have done a full reinstall of flight sim twice and have updated my drivers.I am running xp service pack 21 gig of ramNvidia geforce fx 5500Please help me, I really want to play this.

Guest slydon

I know this is going to sound like bashing but it isn't. I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas. I am using xp on a dual processor comp with 2.5 mb of memory.My experience with this add on has been a total disaster. I just purchased it yesterday and installed after doing a defrag. I am using fsx totally default (no addons) so I figured I should have no problems HAHAFirst of all it froze my comp twice almost immediately. I then realized I had not disabled my antivirus when I installed so I uninstalled, defragged again, disabled antivirus, shut off firewall and even shut down my dsl. Then I installed again. This time my f18 just kept floating off the carrierI UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED AGAIN!!!and deleted the config file. Now the plane stayed on okay and I even took off once. Then I started getting microsoft error messages one after another. I have not had any errors with fsx previously so this add on has to be the culprit. I have now uninstalled again and right now I am very apprehensive about trying it again. Maybe I should just chalk it up to a bad esperience and forget it, although, from reading the forums I have seen a few problems, but nothing like I experienced.DonSince I wrote the original message I have installed again with same results and uninstalled again. I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS ADD ON Microsoft I want a refund!!!Where is Phil Haven't heard him say anything.

Folks,Here is the latest from eVGA the manufacturer of my NVIDIA card. We may have a resoluton to this soonCheers,RobertThank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team.My name is Xander Avila and I will be answering your question today. Please do not reply to this email, submit any follow up questions here Question (11/25/2007 11:42:35 AM):Hello Gabriel, Thanks for the reply. So what you are saying is that we can expect a fix in an upcoming driver update from NVIDIA? You did not mention if you had read the link to the post that I provided as you can see the game engine issue has still not been resolved even with the newest drivers. Will eVGA be investigating this issue a little more or am I to assume that a new driver will resolve the issue? Thanks, Robert Answered By Xander A (11/25/2007 1:10:32 PM): Hello Robert, Nvidia is prepping a driver release that will address this problem, the best advice i can honestly give is to be patient. Thanks EVGA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Question (11/23/2007 8:24:27 PM): Please see the post over at AVSIM.COM with regards to issues with the Series 7 & 8 cards. While trying to access in game menu's the application will CTD or freeze. Microsoft ACES lead suggests it may be another problem with nVidia cards and drivers. The issue has arisen after FSX Acceleration has been installed with updated DirectX files. He seems to think that the problem may be caused by your product. Just trying to cover my bases so that I/we can get a resolution. As you can see people with a broad spectrum of nVidia cards and drivers have been affected. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=420245&page= Thanks for looking into this, Rob Answered By Gabriel P (11/24/2007 8:28:30 PM): Robert, alot of those issues if not already fixed with the latest drivers are being fixed, most prominently the game engine issues.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Manta70

Thanks for the heads up. Having a Nvidia serie 7 a I suffer from the same problem. I had (hope only for now) to uninstall Acceleration to keep on playing with this sim.Too bad :-newburn

Guest Knikolaes

Not sure if any of the issues here are related to Acceleration, as Acceleration includes the SP2 upgrade.I do NOT have Acceleration, but I did download and install SP2 and now I have superb performance, superb graphics and superb framerates . . . . that i cannot use more than 30 minutes. After SP2, now that i can actually LOAD FSX I can't enjoy it for more than 30 - 45 minutes without getting a CTD stating my computer is out of memory.Back to FS9 until I can get a computer that can handle FSX.Like the similar users above, i am using an Nvidea series 7. I have 2 7800 GTs SLI'd, but with SLI disabled for FS since FS can NOT handle SLI. In order to run FSX I finally found a system that looks halfway decent and at least it's cheap -- looking at the new AMD/ATI purebred Phenom system that was manufactured as a result of AMD's taking over ATI. Looks like a bloody sweet system and a basic kit starts out at 1500 bucks -- cheap for such a killer processor and graphics system.I've tossed around communications on other forums and it is conclusive that switching to ATI will be the best method to get a stable FSX. This will be odd for me since I have been a loyal Nvidea user for years and swore by them, but I'll do anything to get my money's worth from FS.--------<> I just re-read this thread and missed the HUGE post by Robert -- yes I am blind. My 2 cards are also eVGA!!! I am definitely going to be eying this as if they get a driver fix out before I get the new computer system I'll save my money and get the update instead and keep my fingers crossed!Robert would you post here if they respond further and/or get you an update???

Here is my beef with the Xpack and SP2.I've purchased the XPack early December and that is when I started getting the d3d9.dll. It was happening sporadically displaying this error when getting into the ALT menus in Full Screen mode. I uninstalled the Xpack and the d3d9.dll error went away. I also tried installing the SP2 yesterday with the same results as with the Xpack. The XPack has the SP2 already installed. I am betting that this is related to some cards that do not handle the updated DirectX.I am personally running the following and hoping for MS to fix the issue.AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6400+ 3.2 GHz2 GB RAM2x GeForce 7950 GX2 SLI

Guest slydon

I use my xpack and sp2 for a paperweight. It works quite well for that.

Well guys, sorry to hear you are still having this problem. I am now running the last WHQL Nvidia driver 169.21 and it looks like my CTD problems have gone away.I am running SP2 and Accel. on an AMD 64X2 4200 with 2GB or ram and a 7900GT 256MB video card.I have also installed GEX and UTX. This, however, resulted in the expected loss of frame rates. Nothing to stop me from flying though.Hope this can be solved for everyone's benefit.Merry Christmas!!

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Guest fundies

Same fatal error messages, ctd, and freezes requiring hard shutdown for me as well since installing acceleration/sp2. Hurry up and sort this problem aces/nvidia :(XP, Pentium D 945, 2gb ram, 512mb 7900gs

I also have a feeling that its the new DirectX. I reinstalled the original DirectX after unistalling Accel and its working fine again. I haven't decided if I'll reinstall Accel or not yet...MickeyKLAS

I'm running DirectX 9.0c.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

>Well guys, sorry to hear you are still having this problem. I>am now running the last WHQL Nvidia driver 169.21 and it looks>like my CTD problems have gone away.>>I am running SP2 and Accel. on an AMD 64X2 4200 with 2GB or>ram and a 7900GT 256MB video card.>>I have also installed GEX and UTX. This, however, resulted in>the expected loss of frame rates. Nothing to stop me from>flying though.>>Hope this can be solved for everyone's benefit.>>Merry Christmas!!>>Hello,A question : Do you have an up to date XP (do you applies m$ updates) ?

>>Well guys, sorry to hear you are still having this problem.>I>>am now running the last WHQL Nvidia driver 169.21 and it>looks>>like my CTD problems have gone away.>>>>I am running SP2 and Accel. on an AMD 64X2 4200 with 2GB or>>ram and a 7900GT 256MB video card.>>>>I have also installed GEX and UTX. This, however, resulted>in>>the expected loss of frame rates. Nothing to stop me from>>flying though.>>>>Hope this can be solved for everyone's benefit.>>>>Merry Christmas!!>>>>>>Hello,>>A question : Do you have an up to date XP (do you applies m$>updates) ?>Yes, My XP is up to date.>>

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Bill,When you say "In FSX I started out flying in windowed mode. No problem"How did you start FSX in windowed mode? I thought the default was full-screen? I'd love to try this howerver, I cannot figure out how to make FSX start in Windowed mode without first changing it in the sim from Full to Windowed...which I cannot do due to the CTD as soon as I access the menu!Thanks,Ken