Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIDDickDastardly

CTD with Acceleration F/A-18A when "ACL" MFD button clicked

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Hi all,My copy of Acceleration finally arrived today and I immediately hopped into the Hornet for a test flight. I was playing around with the MFD buttons and clicked MENU followed by ACL (the 4th button from the top on the right hand side of the left MFD) but I immediately got a CTD. The error signature read "AppName:fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61637.0 ModName: msvcr80.dll ModVer 8.0.50727.163 Offset: 0000892c".After firing up the sim again I tried the same thing with exactly the same result. I then tried installing Acceleration on my second PC but the same thing happens on it as well - as soon as the "ACL" MFD button is pressed, it crashes to desktop. Does this happen for anybody else and is anyone aware of a fix?Cheers,DD(Both systems I tried it on were running DX9.0c on XP Pro, one had an nVidia 6800 graphics card, Athlon xp3000+ & 2 GB of RAM, the other an nVidia 8500 GT Sonic, Sempron 3000 and 1GB of RAM).

The same thing happened to me today. The odd thing is I have been using that button successfully for 2 weeks since I installed Acceleration and haven't changed my system or added any applications since then.All the other MFD buttons are still ok.XP SP2Nvidia 8800GTXBrent

I was curious after reading the original post so I tried my Hornet as well but did not have any problems. I selected ACL from both left and right mfd and did not have a CTD. I wish I could trouble shoot this for you guys. My PC specs are in my signature line

Keith Guillory