Sign in to follow this  
Guest NeoN

FSX Acceleration Crashes All the Time :-(

Guest NeoN

Hi Folks, I'm new here.Wonder if you have any Ideas about this ProblemAfter I installed FSX Acc, when I change view back to "Cockpit" the Game freezes and I get an error message that results to a CTD...I also noticed that after I installed FSX Acc, the 2d Panels don't "fit" my Screen, their dimensions differ. No, I checked resolution and it's ok.Any Ideas? Maybe the file panels.dll is problematic.Thanks a lot

Guest mike_97112006

I too have the same problem not with returning to cockpit view but other crashes, I bought the Accelerated version 2 days ago. Im from the PDX area (Portland, OR) and noticed that they added a PDX mission and also a helicopter mission near timberline lodge on Mt. Hood (I think, saw the picture that looked like timberline but haven't been able to load it). I thought it was awesome that they added a few missions where I'm from, I tried to load them and crashes between 30 - 50% of loading the mission. It states Flight Simulator X has quit working and needs to close. It then gives me an option to check microsoft online for a solution, or close the application. I tried closing the program and opening it back up... same problem. Shutting down the computer and rebooting... same problem. I even tried running the acceleration setup application again to uninstall then reinstall, it gave me a repair acceleration option and an uninstall option and hangs on both then freezes. Pain in the A** I noticed that none of the other missions that came with just FSX Deluxe had this problem, only the accelerated missions and just a selected few at that. I tried searching the known technical issues on microsoft support, landed with nothing. Im assuming this is just another typical fresh Microsoft product that has a million bugs in it that will take about 3-6 months to get extra patches and fixes to get running straight.HP PavilionAMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor each core (2.3GHZ) 4400+nVidia Geforce 8500 GT 256MB2GB of Ram300GB Sata hard drive

Guest byoungblood

If it will allow you to roll back to SP1, then uninstall it.It has been known to cause the CTDs, particularly if you're using an nVidia graphics card.

Guest mike_97112006

I found the solution to the problem. The error is linked to the g2d.dll file which controls the graphics engine throughout the game. When you install flight simulator x the g2d.dll is installed, then with installation of the acceleration it is modified. Sometimes the acceleration pack corrupts the file as its re-writing it causing to crash every time you try to run a mission or free flight. Solution: find g2d.dll in your installed flight simulator x directory, usually in Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X and use the search tool to find the file within the program install directory. Delete g2d.dll, then run the acceleration repair from the setup application by inserting FSX acceleration into your cd/dvd drive. This process will take a while and usually appears to freeze a couple of times in the process, however just leave it and it will run. Hope this helps!-Mike

Guest JIMJAM

Running in windowed mode solved all my CTDs.800gt xp sp2