Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brunch

FSX CTD when i want to start a mission

Guest daresfr

Hellojust create the new folder in the third found; it is just to make a backup of the .dll's.

Guest mr-otin

>Hello>>just create the new folder in the third found; it is just to>make a backup of the .dll's.But there is a problem, I work under Vista 64bit and can't create folders and move files. Any solution?thxDave

Guest daresfr

helloI do'nt have Vista, but i think that plakey could help you, send him a private message

Guest astir698

Hi,I have the same question, I created a new folder in the second and third folders and copied the files in each directory to the new folder I'd created in it. I then copied the files from the third folder to the second.Having done that MS Flightsim didn't run at all nor some of my other applications.I read this post one day after installing SQL express and before the flightsim worked fine.I'm suing Vista Home Premium 32 bit and the hoops that I've had to go to to be able to even change the dll directories have really round me up as under XP life was much easier.You might like to read this before changing the files...http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=537806You will have to turn User Account Control off first and then change the ownership of the files before moving/deleting them.I hope this is of use to anyone who has this problem.Regards,Paul

Guest GuitarHead

It's caused by conflicting versions of the mfc80.dll. Microsoft have a fix described here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961894. I've just tried it (and a reboot is not required Big%20Grin.gif ) and I can confirm that FSX Missions are now working for me.Regards,GuitarHead