Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike_97112006

Is FSX Accelerator the Black Sheep of the Heard?

Guest mike_97112006

I have posted this in a couple of replies and bulletins around here so here it goes for everybody. I am very well experienced with computers, but for the love of god and all that is holy, beating around the bush with a Microsoft bug can be a true challenge! I just bought the acceleration version of FSX 2 days ago and have had nothing but problems with FSX ever since. Granted I've had small problems with FSX in the past some issues with display, screen flickers, fixed by tweaking some of the settings on my graphics card nothing out of the norm, etc... But for some reason with FSX Acceleration the game just seems to take a crap whenever it feels like it, let alone the Acceleration Expansion pack comes loaded with about 19+ missions and it even crashes while loading some of the new missions!!! Even on the FSX menu it will just through an error "Flight Simulator X has encountered and error and needs to close" I try running the expansion pack setup again to see if I can uninstall/reinstall. So I run the setup application and it has 2 options, one for repair Acceleration and uninstall acceleration. I try both and it just seems to freeze with both options. FSX was working fine for me, until this d*mn new acceleration pack. Not to mention the Acceleration pack comes with FSX SP2 loaded into it. If MS could just get it working right that would be great! I'm so tired of all the errors with newly released MS products!!!!!! I will reply if I find a solution. If anyone else has any information or is seeing something similar please share!!! Thank you-MikeWindows VistaAMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor (2.3GHZ) 4400+nVidia 8500GT 256MB graphics2GB Ram300GB Sata Hard Drive

Guest firehawk44

"I will reply if I find a solution. If anyone else has any information or is seeing something similar please share!!!"Mike,You're the only one who has this problem or ever had this problem. Everyone else has been running FSX/SP2 flawlessly. LOL. Seriously, many people have had problems with Acceleration/SP2 but most have been resolved. If you are getting crashes when loading missions, try lowering your FSX.cfg scenery sliders. It sounds like you are taxiing your system to the max. The FSX menu error could also be caused by a bad install of video card drivers, especially those from NVIDIA. But I think turning all your sliders to the max (or most of them) causes more crashes than anything else. Jim

Guest JIMJAM

Try running in windowed mode.