Sign in to follow this  
Guest BANichols

CTD & BSOD .......... Help!

Guest BANichols

I would say I have a reasonable knowledge of FS(various)having started when it came on 3 floppies, but this has me beaten.Story so far: December purchased a killer system, Asus M2N-E mobo, AMD 64 dual core Black CPU rated at 3.2Ghz and 4Gb of DDR2 RAM. A few initial probs with USB bandwidth (USB ISDL Modem and USB webcam) eventually sorted. Then ran FSX for the first time with sliders a couple of notches to the right. FSX ran for about 10-15min then CTD. Tried again and the same, except CT-reboot with the "Windows has recovered from a serious error" message after restart.List of things done to resolve:Upgraded BIOSUpgraded NVIDA chipset driversUpgraded ATI graphics drivers.Re-installed Clean version of FSX on to clean HDD with all settings at default.Same problem.Eventually thought the chip on the graphics card was overheating, so bought a new, Sapphire, ATI 3800 card. This sorted the problem for a few days and FSX flew like a dream. No stutters, bluries et al and sliders getting closer to the right hand edge.Downloaded the conversion to run Pilot in Command B737 for FS9 on FSX. Also downloaded the Captain Sim Legendary C 130 basic pack.Now back to square 1 again with CTDs after 5-10 min flying.Event log, as of last night, read as follows:Faulting Application fsx.exe. version 10.0.61355.0. faulting module terrain.dll. version 10.0.61355.0. fault address 0x00018136.Any help gratefully received. Running out of ideas (and money!)Brian

Guest firehawk44

Don't know if you got this fixed yet but it appears you have a corrupted scenery.cfg. I would uninstall PIC 737 first, check for the error to return and, if it does, uninstall the CS C-130 and see if that fixed the problem. I have a strong feeling it's the PIC B737 that's causing your problems. If none of these suggestions work, then look for your "working" scenery.cfg. There's one in your main FSX directory but that is not the working one and it should not be changed or deleted. It depends on what OS and FSX version you have installed. I have Vista SP1 with FSX Acceleration installed and mine is located in the C:/Program Data/FSX folder. Once you find your scenery.cfg, look for any corruption such as areas/layers not in sequence or missing areas. Hope this helps.Jim

Guest JIMJAM

Stumbled across this post but to let you know, the CS C-130x CRASHES my system HARD. Im running Nvidia m2n32 mob with 8800gt,XP and fsx SP2.I have the same motherboard and CANNOT overclock it ANY or I cannot boot.Its real picky.I can oc the card but overall I found overclocking and FSX with nvidia do not go well together.Also the ram my MOB can use is very limited without causing problems.My next system with be intel based.FSX by itself is a beast to figure out. Throwing in hardware variables and bloating it with payware makes it almost impossible to track down issues.I did learn that rather than going through the long process of reinstalling FSX, JUST delete the fsx.cfg file. It will rebuild itself and fix 90% of your problems.Good luck.....

Guest JIMJAM

I cured all my CTDs by running in windowed mode.No performance decrease.BTW- I am running 1920x1200 on a 32 inch Sharp Aquos.