Sign in to follow this  
Selkan

CTD ntdll.dll

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can offer advice. I am getting a repeated CTD. I can have a number of flights O.K., and then on FSX starting (at gate) I get a CTD ntdll.dll error. I can also get this when flying after about 1 - 2 hours, then suddenly everything stops, same error.I am using Vista 64, and FSX sp2; fairly high spec. machine. ASU Mother Board 4800cpu, 4gig Ram, Nvidia 9800GTX. I have all latest Drivers installed.Having searched the Web on this one, it would appear that this Modul is part of Windows operating system. In response to what is said, I have installed a 'Registry Clean Up' program, but has not fixed the problem.Any offers of advice would be much appreciated.

I see the replies haven't been rushing in on this one. I too have been getting this error in one specific scenery area (around Brize Norton in UK). The ntdll problem isn't just restricted to FS but there is something kicking this thing off.

Ok I have been having a slew of problems of late. I use XP, FSX was always stable, but lately its one problem after another. I usually check my windows updates before installing them, for anything I don't deem critical. I guess I got sloppy and one thing got through. Its called Windows Search 4.0, and sense its been installed on my machine all of these problems have been persistent. I could be totally off, but that the only thing that has really change on my system, other then the installation of REX. I'm going to uninstall it today and then see how this affects the CTD's. Let me now if any of you guys have this as well. Maby a long shot, but something has to be reason.

Not sure if I have the answer, but since doing the following I have not had a ntdll.dll crash. This was actually under advice, but I had a look at my Virtual Memory; I wasn't quite sure how to get to it, so I just did a search through the help menu. Anyway, when I found it it was reading something like 3139mb - recommended 6139. The numbers I have shown are not exact, but certainly the second number was double what I was using. As I understand it this number effects the Paging Area on your Harddrive, which is used as a Memory Area. I pressed the recommended figure, and had a look at my Paging Area whilst doing a defrag. This is a 'yellow/orange' section, and mine had doubled in size. I did this about a dozen flights ago, and have not had a CTD since.I do not know if this is the full answer, but by increasing the Paging Area, I may have got rid of the problemSteven

Guest pete1_leeds

are you overclocking?i found i used to get this CTD when too agressively overclocking my E8500, but maybe related to something else

add me into this club of FSX crashing out. I get a different "Faulting" code each time. Usually takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes of flight for the CTD.

are you overclocking?i found i used to get this CTD when too agressively overclocking my E8500, but maybe related to something else
Sorry for not replying before, but have only just seen this response. In answer to question, no I am not overclocking