Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

We've got an FS9 forum!!!

Nothing is being moved from the old forum. All the old FS9 stuff is now in the FSX forum.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest drmweaver2

If the old FS9 stuff isn;t being moved here, then part of the benefit of having an FS9 forum is negated... However, if I must, absolutely must, I can live with it this way.I do have to say that I think the benefit of an FS9 only forum was demonstrated, for me at least, today when I posted about my registry problem and the post wasn't immediately buried in FSX stuff. I had an answer to my question and then posted about the results of the solution offered within a very short period of time. A week ago, I'm pretty sure the post would have been lost in the "noise" of FSX this and FSX that.So, again, thanks for the FS9 forum.

Hello Democracy in action, you have got to love it.Seriously though THANKS TOM :-)

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Very much appreciated. Thanks.

Guest sb55mv

me too, thanks Tom and the gang.I know I will probably be flamed for this, but, I went round to a friends house yesterday here in the UK, and I really didn't like what I saw of FSX, he has a great system just like myself, but like most of us, realises that he will have to up- grade his whole PC to get it running like they say it should run. (but remember what they said about FS2000 on the box !)This is going to be a very expensive new version of FS, a new PC, a new operating system that no one knows how much is going to cost yet etc.Then I will have to kiss good bye to a large portion of my FS9.1 add-ons.And before anyone says it, no, I'm not being negative about this, and yes, I do like modernisation etc, but what I have seen so far looks more "cartoon like" than "as real as it gets" I just hope that all the hype about DX10, and Vista Ultra and running FSX at "all to the right" (as I enjoy now in FS9.1) is worth it, as once you've made that leap there is no going back to FS9.1 as that new system won't run it!We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Guest Eek

>If the old FS9 stuff isn;t being moved here, then part of the>benefit of having an FS9 forum is negated... However, if I>must, absolutely must, I can live with it this way. I was thinking the same thing. All the old FS9 posts are getting buried under a sea of FSX posts. Seems to me, the search engine will have to work that much harder, sifting through all the new FSX posts, whenever we need to refer back to something that was posted back in the "good ol' days". Perhaps, it should be SOP to start a new forum for each successive version of FS. I know there are concerns that it is more work for the moderators, etc. But, after a quick glance at the forum listings, there are 10 forums that haven't been posted to this month. There's plenty of fat that could be trimmed. The FS posts are going to come, regardless. They might as well target the users of specific versions. As the older versions drop off in popularity, they naturally become less work for the mods.Just my $.02. Thanks for the noise filter, Avsim.:-beerchug

Guest Bud

I would also like to add my thanks for this facility - a great boon to those of us who will not be switching to FSX in the near future. It will be interesting to see how much it is used.Bud

Guest anthonye

>Thank you, Avsim. Maybe in the future, FSX. Not now,>though.Same here..AnthonyUK

I never said how grateful I am for this FS9/FS2004 forum.Thankyou very much Tom! :-beerchug

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Indeed! Thanks Avsim for thinking about all of us FS9 Simmers. :-) Cheers,Mark