Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Aerosim Classic Freighters Vol2

Wow,...thanks Ed.That will definately be a taker. :-) Do you think I like the DC8? :-hahLooks like they sorted out the model..:-jumpyEhmmm,...now we need a "high end" DC8 panel aswell.....:-hahhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifFSX..:-hmmm...nah.. Still happy without it!! :-hahMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDMy work:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

I have their vol1 and I am really disappointed in the lack of repaints.why not ATI repaint in the dc8-73 model? thats basically the only bird flying stilland why no new arrow colors for the -73? Maybe they will release more repaints? They didnt even release a regular fedex repaint for the freighters vol1

Maybe it's time you got your own brushes out. :-hahI still have a DAS Air Cargo paint to do on the Aerosim DC-10.I think you will find Darthy's Fedex DC-10 paint will fit the Freighter version. :)

Hmmm. Im going to observe the reactions of the early adopters on these two. If you have either the CS or F1 B722 I see no reason to buy this one. The cockpits didn't look very good on these aerosim planes. The DC-8 that came with the L-1011 was a major disappointment.The nose of the DC-8 doesn't look right to me either. I work for DHL so I see these suckers all the time. Maybe that spoils me.Anyway, may just be the screen shots. The L-1011 from Aerosim is a masterpiece. Reserving judgment just now on these.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Gotta agree with you Eric, If I wanted a 722 it would definitely be a F1...so the DC-8's are gonna have to be good! The DC-8's seem to have been remodelled (which was essential)...Aerosim respond well to constructive criticism so anyone who knows the DC-8 well please contact Aerosim if you see anything you don't like. :)

ha, I wish I could paint! but to charge 35 dollars and only give us a handful of repaints, the vol1 freighter package should have had a new fedex livery among others. I am disappointed and was hoping they would release more paints. Thats too bad, because they fly great and are fun to fly. I emailed them after vol1 was released and they said no repaints would be done for that version

I agree with all the previous comments. If you have F1 727, you will not be interested in anything else. (Trust me - if you don't have it, you are missing one of the crown jewels of FS9) I would buy it for the DC8 but the internal shots are not very impressive. 2D panel looks like FS2002 quality and not even close to contemporary standards - even some freeware. The VC looks okay in some shots and really poor in others. I think I will sit this one out unless there are some really positive reviews and good feedback here on the forum. It's a shame as I have always admired the DC8. The Historical Jetliners Group have an excellent offering but it has no VC and that's become an essential for me...UPS are still using them - or they were when I flew out of PHL a few weeks ago.

errrr - you're right. That's embarassing. blush.png I have no idea where or why I saw it - I never scroll back more than one page on the forums so G-- knows how it came to my attention. Oh well, as the old saying goes, you learn something new every day. I'm not sure exactly what I learned here other than to take a look at the dates of a posting I suppose... Drooling.gif Very strange....At least my prediction was apparently right - it didn't exactly become one of the more famous FS addons did it? Big Grin.gif I don't remember ever seeing it mentioned anywhere... Errr - tha-a-a-a-t's all folks. Bugs Bunny fades out of the picture and goes back to flight simming

I agree with all the previous comments. If you have F1 727, you will not be interested in anything else. (Trust me - if you don't have it, you are missing one of the crown jewels of FS9) I would buy it for the DC8 but the internal shots are not very impressive. 2D panel looks like FS2002 quality and not even close to contemporary standards - even some freeware. The VC looks okay in some shots and really poor in others. I think I will sit this one out unless there are some really positive reviews and good feedback here on the forum. It's a shame as I have always admired the DC8. The Historical Jetliners Group have an excellent offering but it has no VC and that's become an essential for me...UPS are still using them - or they were when I flew out of PHL a few weeks ago.
Kiwi, last flight of the Dc-8 for UPS Airlines was May 12, 2009 a couple were sold to national with ups logos removed but still had brown tails but I'm sure those are painted by now.