Sign in to follow this  
Guest drmweaver2

Help. FS9 registry entry gone

Guest drmweaver2

I uninstalled the FSX demo and doing so seems to have deleted my FS9 registry entry under Local MachineSoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft Games.Now, strange thing is, it still works ... that is, the program itself runs with no problems.However, I can no longer run EditVoicePack and this may also be causing a problem with the WOAI installer for me.Can someone offer an alternate solution to deleting FS9 and reinstalling it... I've got over 250 scenery layers and reloading them all would not only suck generally, it would consume massive amounts of time.Thanks in advance for any sugggestions.

>I uninstalled the FSX demo and doing so seems to have deleted>my FS9 registry entry under Local>MachineSoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft Games.>>Now, strange thing is, it still works ... that is, the program>itself runs with no problems.>>However, I can no longer run EditVoicePack and this may also>be causing a problem with the WOAI installer for me.>>Can someone offer an alternate solution to deleting FS9 and>reinstalling it... I've got over 250 scenery layers and>reloading them all would not only suck generally, it would>consume massive amounts of time.>>Thanks in advance for any sugggestions. Look for a program called "FS_Registry_Repair.exe".... I forget where I got it from a few days ago ( age related problem I guess :) but a google search should turn it up. That should let you reset the registry pointers. I think I also used another little utility some time ago to do that but don't remember what it was called. I have 4 instances of FS9 on my system and to be able to get those programs that aren't configurable to work properly with FS9 files I have to change the registry pointers. Haven't done any tweaking lately so haven't done the change pointer thing in awhile. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thats where I found it...someone gave me the link,I don't have it so you may have to search.bt

Guest drmweaver2

Thanks guys. I'll try this and let ya'll know the outcome.Edit.. Worked like a champ. Thanks guys!