Sign in to follow this  
Guest dpc

SibWings Saab 91

Guest dpc

I read the Avsim review of this aircraft and decided to give at go. All I can say is WOW. What a great addon. If you're a GA flyer, I highly recommend it. Dave

Yep, it sure is. I bring the Saitek out for this bird, which is alot different, and more challenging for me than flying with the yoke. Worth every cent. The textures are just fabulous. The only thing I did was add the red & green nav lights to the wing .fx files, as I like to see them from the VC for realism. A real blast to fly.

Guest cloudrider

Hi Dave, Thanks for the recomendation. How are the sounds (startup,throttle up, shutdown)? I had a birthday Friday and the wifee bought me TrackIR Pro4, so I could not also get the SAAB Safir 91. But I will without a doubt be getting it ASAP. I enjoy mostly VFR flights, low and slow. How does it compare with Carenado's Beechcraft T34B Mentor? I'm imagining it to be similar.Jere

Hello Jere, I have both the Mentor and the Safir. The Safir is just amazing. Everything this product states as advertised is spot on. Glass reflections, silky smooth gauges, incredible night lighting, great flight dynamics, great sound package etc.... The technics used on the Safir are more advanced and offers more features overall than the Mentor due to the time of production. The Mentor is a great product, but the Safir has raised the bar. I hope this helps.

Guest cloudrider

Thank you Jeff for the info. I wish I could sneak this one in now, but with just spending $$$ on TrackIR 4, my wife is sure to see it on the 'ol credit card. Good engine sounds are important to me, love a nice throaty type sound.Jere

Hi Jere, The sounds were taken from the real aircraft. As far as the Track IR4, I want to get that so badly, as I keep hearing rave reviews. Now that I know after getting FSX, I am not spending a single cent on it and sticking with FS9. As you probably know, I have spent a small fortune on it like us all here. The Track IR4 is next for sure. How do you like it? I wish I could purchase it locally. Did it ship quickly for you? Anyway, It's 2:30am, so I am turning in for the night. Enjoy that Track IR4!