Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Glasair III from Australian Simulations

This looks like a pretty interesting aircraft (release announcement on the front page of AVSIM), anyone purchase it yet?

Hello Well not yet but the wallet is is close to handAnyone here bought it yet ?

I am interested in this as well. I got their piper long ago and was very disappointed, so I hope they have made big changes with this product. The panel looks really nice in the VC screens. I am waiting for someone to come in and say what a big improvement this is over the past product. However to be honest, I sure am tempted either way.

Guest JimC1702

I waited 2 years for a promised update to the Australian Sim Warrior that turned into vaporware. I won't make that mistake again.Jim

I wanted to bump this thread. Has anyone purchased this yet? I was curious if it has reflective glass textures in the VC, and how it is over all and or, if anyone has the Warrior to compare it to? Thanks for any input.

I just did some digging on aussim's website if it will help anyone else. There is a texture selection in the setup config for the aircraft that has dirty or clean windows. I would assume they have some sort of texture then? Anyway, I don't think hardly anyone got this plane by the responses on this thread.

Guest Shalomar

Hot, fast GA aircraft with a stick and glass canopy: Betcha L'adamson will be among the first; it fits his criteria!!!Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi there, I have bought it :) And it's a sleek looking plane. Indeed sleek flying plane. Simple to operate like all modern GA, so no advanced, careful handling like the Do27. Its has crips textures inside and out and all the neat stuff like pitot covers etc. You can choose different gender and skin color pilots even hair color...weight and balance from a config app. Very nice looking panel. It has nice avionics. Like the Vision microsystems VM1000 engine monitor, a pair of GNS430's GPS suits and I think a first in FS next to RealityXP's a Sandel all in one wonder ;)Frame rates are good on my system (AMD 3000+, 1 Gig ddr333, 6600GT 256MB). Locked 30 I'll get 30 FPS.Am I happy with it? Yep because I like modern fast GA. 3000 hours building a real one with some 1500 hours extra for building the avionics in....mmmm I hope to do it some day. But now I'm flying the little beast. Oh and good documentation ... And best...a free seperate release for FSX. But to be honest. Does it bring something new? No it's not breaking any boundaries in design or technology (the Saab Safir and the Dornier Do-27 springs to mind) it's just a good looking and fast aircraft.All the best and I hope it's helpful.Rob(edited to add some info)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Thanks for your input Rob. I think I may get it. I was suprised there were not more posts about this aircraft, as there usually is when a new product gets released. That was one of the reasons for my hesitation in making a purchase. My only quess is with FSX arriving, not as many people are bitting on it yet. Thanks again.

Hi Jeff,Glad that I could be of any help. Let us know if yoy indeed like the plane. And as long as my hardware can't handle FSX I'll be buying FS9 stuff.. Mmmm..there's something wrong in this reasoning.....;)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Thanks Rob, that is the type of objective report I was hoping to recieve.I thought it interesting that they utilized the same type of head latency which Real Air includes in their aircraft. As I us TrackIR, I'm not sure I would sense it being as good, or not.Also, as I'm a Reality XP 'freak' ;), I was surprised to find such a complete 3308 installed (per the docs I downloaded). I would think this would be an easy swap with the Reality XP gauge, and GNS 430 units as well (if necessary).I, too, have similar aircraft, the Eaglesoft Cirrus 20&22, and the latest offering from Eaglesoft; the Columbia 400, which is really stellar. But this aircraft seems to fit in a slightly different category than those, and it may be 'worth a shot' for the money.Thanks

Another thing I wanted to mention. I am having a problem with the configurator that comes with the product. I keep getting runtime error 713 when trying to select the options tab. I says class not registered and that I need the MSSTDFMT.DLL, which is not in my machine anywhere. Anyone else?? I sent an E-mail to them, but being they are in Hong Kong, I have to wait until they are awake.

Do a Google search, you will find some info, including where the .DLL can be downloaded. You simply cannot 'drop' it into your sysyem folder, but instead, activate it via RUN/START.

Thanks guys, I got the file, installed it and did the registration for it. All is good now. Maybe because I have WinXP Home and not Pro?? Who knows?? Aussim didn't have any other issues with this, so maybe somehow the file got erased. Thanks for your help. Very nice plane if anyone was curious about getting it.