Sign in to follow this  
Guest amazonas

Slew renders FS9 unusable. Anyone experienced this

Guest amazonas

I find that sometimes, for now reason I can explain when I try to go to Slew mode the aircraft is whisked off uncontrollably in a randon direction at great speed, making slew mode unusable, and consequently FS Cargo.It seems to have no bearing on which a/c for which location. It's very annoying. I'm sure someone else will have experienced this. Any suggestions for fixing? Thanks.

Hi.Try to test your Controller's Null zones, increase one axis at the time and see if you can find one that may be causing the problem. Another thing may be, if you have more than one Joystick, is to have more than one Axis assigned to the same control surface. TV

My Saitek X45 is having problems, and I turn off joystick in slew mode to prevent that. otherwise I spin around in circles.scott s..

Guest amazonas

Thanks guys. I am using a joystick and a throttle quadrant so next time I am on FS I will check for conflicts here and check the null zones. I am sure one of them is the culprit. Thanks again.

Just hit F1 before you exit slew mode.This ensures you are firmly on the ground and stops FS you flying off into the sunset. :-hah

John

Guest jgreth123

>Just hit F1 before you exit slew mode.>>This ensures you are firmly on the ground and stops FS you>flying off into the sunset. :-hah Keep in mind that SLEW mode has it's own settings.When you go to the Controller -> Assignments page, click on the Axis tab and you'll see Slew / Normal modes up top. Select Slew Mode and then the controller and check your axis. Typically one of the knobs/levers are set to Rudder / Yaw in Slew mode and that's why you'll suddenly be spinning out of control in slew mode.

Actually - the easiest solution is this: before going into "slew" mode - press CONTROL + K. Or choose the "disable joystick" option.It seems that if you have a controller or joystick active, the "slew" engine freaks out and interprets the joystick as sending a continuous stream of commands - so it spins and flits all over the globe. If you disable the joystick, slew will work just fine.On the other hand - if you are experiencing this problem and you do NOT have a joystick/controller - then something else is causing the problem.Brian

This really is due to slew mode having it's own assignments page, in controller settings.By default, and depending on controller hardware, it will sometimes assign different axes to lateral, longitudinal, and yaw control for slew mode, than what are assigned to roll, pitch, and yaw axes for normal flight.If one of these axes is assigned, by default, to a dial or lever that in normal flight is set to one extreme or the other, upon entering slew the sim will see that control at full throw, and off you go.For example, a dial that works as your spoiler axis in normal flight would typically be in the full down position, and if this axis is assigned to yaw control for slew mode, you'll spin like a top when you enter slew.Another cause can be assigning axes using the FSUIPC axis assignments tab, bypassing FS assignments altogether.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------Just hit F1 before you exit slewmode.-----------------------------------That has really come in handy for me. I only "discovered" it a few months ago! Otherwise I had planes that exchanged their turbofans for a warp drive when I exited slew :(

That's quite correct, but he's asking about entering slew, not exiting.

Regards,

Brian Doney