Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Angel

Can I get a GA recommendation?

I've got some fairly specific needs for an FS9 GA aircraft to add to my hangar.* High VC qualit and gauge refresh (perhaps asking for RealAir standards is too much, but I'm spoiled by their stuff--has anyone done larger GA aircraft using the same technology for gauges?)* Low to moderate complexity* Good FPS (for comparisons sake, I bought the Dreamfleet A36 a couple of years ago and it killed my performance. Of course, the RealAir Spit and SF-260 run like a dream)* Seats 5 or more* Probably single engine, though I'm open to a twin.Does anything like this exist?

Guest cloudrider

Hi Jimmy,You may already have it but I still fly my Beechcraft T34 Mentor by Carenado. I love the VC, especially with eDimensionals 3D glasses, and Active Camera. Can't beat the visual, and "feel" IMHO. Jere

>You may already have it but I still fly my Beechcraft T34>Mentor by Carenado. I love the VC, especially with>eDimensionals 3D glasses, and Active Camera. Can't beat the>visual, and "feel" IMHO. I don't have that one, but I'm actually looking for more of a standard tourer. I already have the RealAir SF-260 to scatch my acrobatic itch.I'm looking for a GA with some room for passengers that I can use with FSPassengers, but it seems like everything is:a) Way too complex and hard on my system:( Uses older technology (for example, I have the Carenado Centurion and the gauges in the VC move about 1 frame every 5 seconds--probably because there is 11 Vcockpit entries in the panel.cfg)I get the feeling I am going to be out of luck.

Flight1's Cessna Conquest 441 is truly my fav. I added a 3rd party TCAS and it is super clean, efficient, fantastic 3D & 2D is razor clean, nice lighting so you can actually see the VC when you are front-lit as it were during the daytime. I like the flight model, and highly recommend it.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>FSD Skymaster?Hmmm ... wasn't aware of this one. After a bit of research, it seems to meet all of my conditions.Thanks. Breaking out the credit card now. I'll report back.

I purchased the FSD Skymaster and flew around for a bit. In a word, great.Gauge refresh is very good. Not realair quality but very close (and this is a pretty complex panel)Frame rates are good. I'm taking a bit of a hit, but not bad.She handles with a sense of momentum and grace (bit of a contradiction, but there you are). Lifts off easily with a bit of trim, and settles in for cruise just as pretty as you please.Great visibility from the cockpit. Subtle tints to the windscreens, which helps with immersion (and not as "in your face" as some of the reflections I've seen on other payware windscreens).The nighttime panel lighting is awesome--subtle, very atmospheric.The aircraft is just plain cool to look at. Part of that is to FSD's credit for their modeling, and part of it is because the 337 is just an interesting aircraft. It's a step up from my last purchase, the PMDG 1900C. Not because PMDG didn't do a great job with the model, but because the 1900C is just an ugly, boxy aircraft.So, thanks for the recommendation. This looks like a keeper.

DARN HO, STOP...YOU FORGOT ONE!The FSD Piper Navajo v2. It meets all specifications...And it's great. Easy retrofitting of RealityXP stuff but complete in it's own.http://www.fsd-international.com/images/Na...nther_ext10.jpgRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg