Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Arianedesign Releases "Major Upgrades"

You never know with Ariane what "major upgrade" means, but I guarantee it will generate more free publicity in the forums for them while members debate what that means.I wasn't going to offer any comment since I have tried to avoid discussions about Ariane as of late, until I read this statement:"Ariane has sold tens of thousands of its 737 VCe Series to many professional people who fly at the cutting edge with us including over 200 real-world Ng pilots who use our work to keep themselves current." It must be true. That means they've made millions from this product. And our skies are much safer since many NG pilots can use their work to keep current. Wow!-John

Guest A32X

How can you, at this time, accurately model the 737-900 ER unless your Boeing? I'd buy their VCe but it's sooooo expensive, and always being updated at extra cost!

Next to Perfect Flight or whoever they are, Ariane is the worst add-on developer out there.

I'm glad that Ricardo has raised this, as I have been pondering something in the past few days since seeing this announcement.Firstly: I am NOT trying to start a thread war, I am NOT encouraging or condoning the flaming of Ariane. I DO however want to hear some honest customer opinions on this company's products and service.I have been around the FS scene for quite some time, but I have never looked too closely at Ariane's products. The latest upgrade to the 737NG, however, actually looks like it might be worth considering. I love the PMDG product but it simply doesn't run smoothly enough in the VC for me to use.The trouble is, every post I've seen so far on Ariane seems to have either an emotional involvement or a personal dislike of the developers behind it, so it's hard to get a fair and impartial view of them.SO: - What do people think of Ariane's product? In particular this latest upgrade?- Would people recommend doing business with them (or not) for any other fair reason?I can tolerate a poor customer service situation if the product is workable and I won't need too much assistance to get it installed and up and running, AND if the product is good enough.Like I said, I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, please don't lock this thread, mods. I see this as a chance to put some impartial and fair dialogue on the record for myself and other prospective buyers out there.Thanks guys.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>- What do people think of Ariane's product? In particular this>latest upgrade?>>- Would people recommend doing business with them (or not) for>any other fair reason?>>I can tolerate a poor customer service situation if the>product is workable and I won't need too much assistance to>get it installed and up and running, AND if the product is>good enough.Mark:I own Ariane's BBJ and have done quite a few flights with it. Do a search under my user name, and you'll find some detailed stuff I've posted. Would I recommend buying from them? No. This is so because I think that the aircrafts are simply not worth what they cost, and, secondly, because I believe Ariane to overhype their products. At the same time, major bugs remain unaddressed. On the other hand, once you buy it, it IS fun and worth taking the time to explore. ricardo

Hello Mark,If you can truly tolerate poor customer service, then buy the product. I cannot tolerate it, I have since received a charge back on my credit card.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I don't know about their latest update. In general there are a lot of nice things about their NGs. However, one major problem keeps me from even considering any of their product - the VC gauge refresh rate is about 1 FPY (Y = year). It's no surprise since the panel.cfg has well over 10 VC sections. It would be a miracle if that's effectly addressed in this latest addon.Hey but if that miracle does happen, I'm willing to jump back on the wagon.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest Water Mango

Mark like what's been said before, Ariane's products aren't worth the money (not saying the work is not good just not worth the asking price).Case in point, tracking FMC courses seems to be a problem for Ariane's 737NG Vce. The plane seems to take forever getting lined up on the airway. Using the ILS produces the same issue. The plane has a hard time lining up. You'd be better off capturing the localizer yourself and then let the autopilot take you in. FeelThere's 737 is 100 times better with systems, sound, avionics, and FDE. It's your call Mark but if I were you I'd hold off unless you just want another 737NG (I actually like the look of the Ariane model over the older PMDG bird). Like I said the planes are decent but not worth the asking price for the issues they have. Another thing to take into account is support sucks and they never fix reported issues.

Guest kittie

Yes I to tried this product, as I love flying vc when I can. The performance in the vc was unexcitable. I think the FPY is being generous. You would think that the owners would no that it is not flyable like this. As for real world pilot, maybe the have a version that we don't have. I could not even taxi properly. It's too bad because it looks like a beautiful model with lots of extra's.

Guys, thanks to all of you for the feedback. Appreciate the honesty and impartiality!As much as I love the PMDG 737NG, I'm a committed VC flyer and theirs is just a bit too slow for me. As I'm planning on sticking with FS9 until I can upgrade my hardware, I will have to 'tough it out' with my 737 classics and other boeings. :-)Chrs

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg