Sign in to follow this  
Guest davewins

Add-on suggestions??

Guest davewins

I have a brand new pc and just recently purchased FSX deluxe edition and I am not that impressed. I understand that it takes time for a sim to truly live up to its potential so I am going to purchase FS9 and get add-ons. I am wondering what you recommend for someone that really wants GREAT scenery. I am definetley going to get Flightzone 01 and 02 Portland and Rhode Island. Do you suggest getting UT-USA as well or ground environment pro 2006?? What in your opinion kicks out the best graphics. I am sick of landing on these satellite images that are flattened out. To me the satellite images are great for flying at 5000+ but when I get lower I don't want to see these satellite images because they tend to "flatten" out and look really zoomed in. Thanx for the help.

Anything by Cloud 9, Fly Tampa, Simwings, German airports and Swedeflight Pro will make you happy.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest cimanera

Off the top of my head.....Basics:-Ultimate Terrain-ActiveSky 6-Ground Environment Pro-Flight Environment (for sky textures)/or Try Real Environment Pro (free in the AVSIM library)-GeoRender (for Small Airports/bush flying)-FSHotSFX (for sound environment)--WARNING: product is very good, I don

For scenery improvements, in order of importance (IMHO):* A good mesh (i.e. FSgenesis)* UT USA and/or UT Canada/Alaska* Ground Environment Pro* Flightzone 01 and/or 02* Flytampa KSEA, KSFO, etc.

Guest davewins

Thank you all for the recommendations.

Dave:Nothing wrong with your thinking, but for what it is worth, many of the recommendations for FS9 will soon be available for FSX. In fact, some already are. FSGenesis already has updated mesh. If you have not purchased FS9 (which I realize is dirt cheap now), you might want to be a bit more patient and see what falls out in the immediate future. You may have growing pains with either.At least one person has posted problems with installing FS9 AFTER FSX has been installed too. The reverse of this (FS9 first, FSX second) seems to work ok, except that the installation of FSX seems to change your assignments for FS9 as well.Decisions Decisions huh.Happy flying and good luck with your options.RTH

Guest davewins

Well I have a top of the line PC and I am getting poor performance out of FSX. I'd rather enjoy flying FS9 with addons until Vista/DX10 comes out so I will then upgrade video card + ram and get addons with FSX. For now I want to fly until at least January and that just isn't going to happen with FSX no matter what way I look at it.I like the Flightzone scenerys. It's too bad there are only 2. I will be getting both of those and I hear that FSGenesis is upgradeable to FSX free of charge. I'm not too worried about the money right now I just want to have some fun until January. By the time January comes around the Vista/DX10 patch should be there and also add-ons should be looking pretty good for FSX. Thanx for the thoughts though.

You may want to get the following if you are prepared to fly outside the US.1. Aerosoft's Frankfurt Main airport scenery.2. Aerosoft's German scenery 4 (goes well with frankfurt main.). There is an airport EDER (Wasserkupe) with the sloping runway in German Scenery 4 that will blow your mind away... especially if you have a big widescreen monitor like the Dell 24".3. Visual Flight's London scnerary (has London city airport)4. Gatwick Pro Now, you can fly between Gatwick and London and Frankfurt Maine and other small airports around Germany like EDER (Wasserkupe).Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest davewins

>You may want to get the following if you are prepared to fly>outside the US.>>1. Aerosoft's Frankfurt Main airport scenery.>2. Aerosoft's German scenery 4 (goes well with frankfurt>main.). There is an airport EDER (Wasserkupe) with the sloping>runway in German Scenery 4 that will blow your mind away...>especially if you have a big widescreen monitor like the Dell>24".>3. Visual Flight's London scnerary (has London city airport)>4. Gatwick Pro >>Now, you can fly between Gatwick and London and Frankfurt>Maine and other small airports around Germany like EDER >(Wasserkupe).>>MannyThanx for the suggestions Manny. I am honestly looking to just fly in the US right now with the best possible setup for scenery. I am thinking of getting both FZ products (Rhode Island and Portland, OR). I will also get FSGenesis even though that's going to be tough seeing that the resolution is less then default FSX but oh well. Maybe I should get UT-USA as well. Do you happen to know if FSgenesis for 2004 is a free upgrade to FSX?? Same for UT-USA?? Thanx again.BTW love the name Manny. My favorite baseball player is Manny and I don't think you need his last name. =)