Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Which Cessna 182 is best

I see that Carenado sells two different C182 addon planes, Skylane II RG and 182Q. Which one is best? How do they compare to F1 C172?

Hello jfri, I own all three. I haven't reinstalled my Flight1 yet, but have the 182RG and Q models installed. Carenado's models are simply great. They are known for the eye candy, so you will find, relective glass, nice night lighting package as well as nicely done sound packages. The 182Q, I personally like the sounds better here as they have more meat to them. Also, the panel backlighting is different in the Q. The RG has backlit gauges and a slight red panel glow light. The Q model just lights up the gauges themselves. If you want a retractable gear, the RG is the way to go, but either product you should be satisfied with. The flight dynamics are supposed to be close to the real aircraft. The products have already been updated, so if you see any patches, they shouldn't be needed. If you can get both, they will add to your GA hanger nicely. I hope this helps.

Guest dpc

I own all 3. The 182Q is my default. Love it and recommend it highly.Dave

After reading these reply and the two reviews in Avsim I got the imptession that the two planes are of similar quality but it could be pointed out thatThe RG version has the best night lightning (compared to all planes)The Q version has a better soundIs this correct?Is nightlightning a weak point in Q?Is sound bad in RG?