Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

SHIFT+E+3 questions

Guest PowderBlue

How come I cannot use the SHIFT+E+3 key combo or Shift+E+2 these combinations never work for me and they will end up opening main exit and doing something else. THanks

Guest nem

Provided the model you are using actually has some actions tied to those combinations:Because the sim expects you to press Shift+E, hold it for a second or so, and then press the number key in addition to the keys you're already pressing. Which requires monkey fingers and a lot of luck, at least that's what it always seemed like to me. I have no idea how they came up with this for a default key assignment.So if you want to make your life a lot easier, assign a single keystroke to the "Open Exit" function.Same goes for pushback BTW. Setting it to a single key stroke will make pushing back to the left or right actually predictable.Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

Get file rcbse-10.zip from the library.I describes the cause of your problem, and includes a gauge that solves it (for Select Engine and Select Exit)Rob

try shift+e, then release it and press the number for the exit...should be able to open main exit with shift+e, then release and press 2, 2nd exit should open, if applicable, then 3 and 3rd exit...

If you would read my document on this, you would understand why this doesn't work for most addon aircraft, or even default aircraft if you add some specific gauges to it.A problem which has been beaten to death over the last 6 years, but unfortunately it appears to be a pittfall for every new gauge designer.Rob

Hi Rob,Where is your document found? I am unable to find "rcbse-10.zip" in the library.I am also unable to make SHIFT+E+any number work.Thanks,Bob Anderson

Hello Bob, if you can't find Rob's file as Jens said reassign the keystroke (it is really easy) ...instead of Shift+E I use D (D for door). :)

Thanks everyone for your replies & suggestions. Unfortunately, I still am unable to get it to work.I have Bill Lyon's dehavilland D.H.82 Gipsy Moth, which when it loads, has the right engine panel open & sticking straight up, which does not look too good when you want to fly. The read me instructions for the plane are to use "SHIFT + E" to load the pilot & "SHIFT + E + 2" to shut the engine panel. "SHIFT + E" works correctly & always has but I cannot get the engine panel to shut using "SHIFT + E + 2". As I mentioned, I have tried the suggestions given but I can't get the panel to shut.Rob, I appreciate the link to the location of your RCBse-10.zip Selection Correction gauge that you gave. I did install it per your instructions & made the changes to the panel.cfg but I still can't get the panel to shut. Really would like to make this work.By the way Rob, I also have your RcBgh-40 Ground Handling Gauge for Push Back use & I REALLY like it. It is the only way to go when you want to be able to push back away from gates etc.Thanks,Bob

Guest Tophatter

I have never had a problem using SHIFT+E 2. Hold down the SHIFT key and press "E", release both keys then press "2". Works every time for me for the D.H and all aircraft. Don't try and do all three keys at the same time like CTRL-ALT-DEL.Bud

Must be a problem w/my system then, because I have tried this procedure exactly as you have stated it & the way Rob specifies in his instructions which is "SHIFT+E & then "2" within 1 sec. Just doesn't work for me.Bob

Bob,There may be a misunderstanding here.By default, Shift-E generates the OpenExit event in FS9, which are usually used to control animations on the exterior of the aircraft like doors and such.Now, you talk about Shift-E (and Shift-E 2 ) to open close panel windows; do I understand you correctly ?And are those 2D Cockpit or VC-cockpit windows ??It sounds a bit strange to me ....Regards, Rob

Hi Rob,Bill Lyons came out quite awhile ago with a dehavilland D.H.82 Gypsy Moth that you load the pilot by using SHIFT-E which works for me. SHIFT-E also works for me on any plane to open the main doors. This Gypsy Moth also loads with a right engine cover that is open & sticks straight up. This looks funny when you fly the plane so it needs to be closed. Bill's readme instructions are to close the cover by using SHIFT-E-2. I cannot get SHIFT-E-2 to work. This is the main plane I want to use it on right now but I have tried this combination of SHIFT-E plus a number with other planes for various functions, usually doors, & I can't get it to work. This function with Bill's plane is when I am looking at it in spot plane view, although you can also see the cover in the 2D cockpit view.Thanks,Bob

Hi Bob,NOW I know what you mean with "panel" ...LOL.If you EMail me the panel.cfg in which you installed my gauge, I'll have a look. Because it SHOULD work :-)See my downlaod for Email address.And just to be sure: we are talking about FS9, NOT FSX .. Right ?Rob