Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

BEV or GE Pro ?

Starting fresh with FS9. I've installed my FS Genesis, and UT USA an CAN. Now considering purchasing a texture addon. What do you recommend ?

GE Pro by far. It covers the whole world and also night textures. Not to mention the feature of having it look like overcast or partly sunny.

Guest dpc

I own both. I would recommend GE Pro.Dave

Hello,I own both addons myself. I would have to say without giving it a second thought, GE-PRO!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Yep, GE PRO by far..also works very well with AS6

Eric 

As one who owned Bev and switched to GE Pro, I say definitely go with GE Pro. Covers entire world and all seasons, not to forget it integrates with ActiveSky to provide the great texture variations to go along with the weather conditions.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Hey guys, I have GE, the original release. If I were to get Pro, does this mean uninstalling the regular version, then installing pro, or does it update my version I have now? Looks great from what I've seen.

Jeff:GEPro is a whole different animal. It offers innovations not seen in any other FS enviornmental add-on. Yes, you could uninstall GE, or not. Remember at the end of the day you are just swapping ground textures and GEPRO will overwrite your current texture set no matter where they come from.Still, I would suggest unistalling GE and installing Pro so that you can start with a "clean pallet" as it were. Trust me...its worth the 5 minutes it will take to uninstall and experience GEPRO thus ensuring that there is no chance of conflicts or any other issues.Personally, I've done both ways and not run into any problems, but given a choice, out with the old, in with the new is always preferable :-)

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. I have FS9 working so well, I was afraid that I may mess something up by changing something like this, but I guess that is the best way...a clean pallet. Just when I thought there was no more software to get for FS9.

The advantage of BEV for some people might be if you tend to fly in a particular area in a particular season, it's a fair bit less expensive. For example, I fly in the US and mostly in the summer. I stay away from other seasons just because of the FPS cost of heavy weather. For me, BEV currently fits the bill with just the US/summer textures.That said, GE Pro looks amazing and it has tons of customization options--just hard for me to justify the $50 right now.