Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Out of memory

Guest Pilot533

Just before landing in the pmdg 738 I get an error, micrsoft flight simulator has run out of memory and will now exit, I have 2gb of ram installed, what is going on? I have plenty of memory to run fs.

Guest aarskringspier

>Just before landing in the pmdg 738 I get an error, micrsoft>flight simulator has run out of memory and will now exit, I>have 2gb of ram installed, what is going on? I have plenty of>memory to run fs.Its a bogus error message to something else. I get it to on the super80. Its just FS9 I think has reached its limit with all the addons weve piled into that it asplodes. Quite a few people get it no one knows exactly why.It can also be that you have a empty texture foilder associated with a landclass folder you may want to check that.

>Just before landing in the pmdg 738 I get an error, micrsoft>flight simulator has run out of memory and will now exit, I>have 2gb of ram installed, what is going on? I have plenty of>memory to run fs. Have you recently added any new scenery? I began getting that error last week in one of my FS9 installs. I have four. I had added a scenery addition for the San Francisco area to the FS9 install that was crashing. The scenery installation readme.txt file noted that only the SUMMER textures were installed. Since it's now fall, the absence of fall textures apparently created a memory leak, regardless of WHERE I was flying. East coast, Texas, Canada...I got the out of memory error after about 30 minutes to an hour. I disabled the SF scenery addon and the problem disappeared. Seems to me now that I remember having read about missing textures causing this kind of problem some time back. What I find strange is that FS9 apparently loads so much unnecessary stuff as a matter of fact. The logic, or lack thereof, of the MS programming is mind-boggling! Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest kittie

sounds like a memory leak, generally caused by scenery. You need to check all your scenery and folds. Do a forum search, I believe it explains it here.

Guest kittie

sounds like a memory leak, generally caused by scenery. You need to check all your scenery and folds. Do a forum search, I believe it explains it here.

Guest Pilot533

That must be it, i have installed a bunch of bush airports latley, they are nowhere near katl but I'll see what I can do. I really have no idea what to look for so if anyone has had this problem and fixed it I would be interested to hear your solution.

One of my friends had that problem. He's on a Dual-Core, 2gb ram, 7950GX2 GFX-card and some more I can't remember right now.But the only way he could sovle the problem was the get a RAM-cleaner and a reinstallation of XP.

AIG co-admin, AIG flightplanner, AI repainter and AFCAD designer.
Signature1.jpg

>That must be it, i have installed a bunch of bush airports>latley, they are nowhere near katl but I'll see what I can do.> I really have no idea what to look for so if anyone has had>this problem and fixed it I would be interested to hear your>solution. It could be any one of them, Mike. The only way to isolate the culprit is by trial and error. If they are in seperate addon scenery folders I would disable 1/2 of them in the FS9 scenery screen, then run for a bit. If you still get the problem, disable 1/2 of the remaining ones. And so on, until you can find the faulty scenery element(s). It will be time consuming but will hopefully alleviate the frustration of having flights "terminated" by the system. I just had another "out of memory" event this afternoon after I had just upped my memory from 1 GB to 2.5 GB. Just as I was about to finish my taxi to the stand at KLIT in my L049 Connie I got the error. I checked my scenery.cfg file immediately and found a numbering inconsistancy. I edited the file, fired up FS9 and resumed the flight from the last "save" point. I use a utility that saves the flight info every X minutes...I set it to 3, so any time I get an error like thet, ot auger on landing for that matter, I can usually resume from near where the event occured. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

I have lived through this infuriating problem for several years. I just try to save every few moments. If get to Europe I have one almost immediately (I am sure UT Europe is the cause) If I fly in Asia where I don

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest kittie

Check to make sure all your addon scenery folders have scenery and texture. Then check that all textures are only in texture folders. The error occur with land classes or BLG's in the wrong place.

Odds are you have a bad AFCAD file, bad bgl or empty texture folder as someone else has mentioned. That is sure where my problem was. A surprise to me is that you can have duplicate files that have different names, but after removing them, the problem goes away (or mine sure did).I would suggest downloading "scanafd.zip" to help with your search.If worse comes to worse, simply move your addon scenery folder somewhere else for a while and see if the problem ever raises its head again. If so, the bad or duplicate file is somewhere in your root scenery or texture. If the problem goes away, begin the process of elimination by bringing your removed folders/files back into play from the addon scenery you removed earlier.You mentioned location. For what it is worth, you can have this happen far far away from the applicable location of the bad file. For example, the bad file may apply to Israel or somewhere else in the world, and your our of memory or CTD error occurs while you are flying over California.Good luck:RTH