Sign in to follow this  
Alpinekid

Real Weather Internet connection problem

Hi everyone ...I was wondering if anyone can shed a problem I am having with downloading the real world weather .... Everything seems to be fine when I download the 'static' weather but when I try to use the 'updated every 15 mins' real weather it always tells me that it cannot obtain a connection even though I am connected ... this happens after the initial 15 mins .... If I go back to just downloading the static weather everything is fine ... any ideas!!I would really appreciate some help of this one Thanks

Guest LAzerxxx

Alpine, I am having the same problem. During my FS session I can get on the internet just fine. I can open IE to my homepage and surf the web with no problems. But when I am trying to DL Real-World Weather, I get the same error. Mne just started doing this and I don't know why. So any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.Happy Flying, Hayden Lee Laffoonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMy Rig: Compaq Presario SL1315CLProcessor: AMD Athlon 64 2.4gHDD: 160gb (Stock HD)Mem: 2048g PC3200 DDR 400mhzGFX: XFX 6800XT 256mb GDDR3 (OC:475, 1.14)Sound: Creative X-Fi PLatinumSpeakers: Logitech X-530 5.1Monitors: 19" LCD, Stock 17" CRTPSU: Antec SmartPower 2.0 350wt:-outta

Guest jgreth123

The server for FS WX is never reliable and often has bad data ( while flying at FL350 suddenly your altimeter says you're at 5000 feet ).Get ActiveSky from http://www.hifisim.com -- and no I don't work for them, just a very satisfied customer.

Guest pilotbrian0

Active sky brings a lot of nice improvements to FS weather, but also a framerate hit for those with even medium level computers. My recommendation:Check your WinSock settings, and update your network drivers. I had a similar problem a few days back (part of the problem is that FS9 uses the same server as Jeppesen's line of products that get weather information. And the products get priority over FS9).Anyways, after updating my network drivers, I was good to go (Don't know why it came out of nowhere, but the update fixed it).-Brian