Sign in to follow this  
Guest joe308

OVERSIZED.ZIP VIRUS??

Guest joe308

Ever heard of this? In the last couple weeks I have repainted a couple FS9 acft and when I tried to email the textures to those who wanted them the email fails to go thru and I get a warning that states that the file failed to transmit because it contained the "Oversized.zip virus".I use Norton antivirus scanning and it has assured me there is no virus. When u do a knowledge base search thru Google this overzied.zip virus is mention numerous times as some unusal quirk that no one had ever figured out completely BUT IT IS NOT A virus - it is merely a false positive.I've even had my ISP lower the sensitivity of their scanning to see if the email would go thru but to no avail. And it seems to only affect BMP texures - in my case anyhow. And to make things even more maddening is that the files I'm trying to email are actually less than 4 MB in size.If anyone has ever run into this problem I'd appreciate a respoinse. TksJoeT

Guest SilverCircle

It is not a real virus warning. Many email servers simply reject emails with large attachments nowadays, because, in order to scan an archive, the scanner must uncompress it first. Big archives can seriously hurt performance on the mail server, so they are rejected.See: http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10204Simple solution: split the archive and send it as multiple attachments.