Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Question concerning Active Sky 6

I have a question concerning those with Active Sky 6, I know everyone that has purchased it have said its night and day difference from the stock FS Weather generator. However how does Acvtive Sky handle the transitions from lets say climbing though a overcast sky to a nice bright blue sky? Plus I really hope there are no more hazy conditions and all of a sudden its nice an clear. In point, I really hope the transitions are smooth especially when it comes to visability. I have seen the screen shots and they all look amazing.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I dont think it solves the root problems Bill. One of the reasons I havent picked up an aftermarket weather program. I think it mostly enhances your cloud textures and the variety you can see, which makes it nice, but it doesnt solve the root MS wx problems. I could be wrong! If so i may pick this up myself!Hornit

Im also thinking about purchasing ActiveSky.Thanks Hornit,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest PPSFA

I use AS6 with GE Pro and Flight Environment and its as real as it gets. I say that from the point of view of a 'real life' pilot.

>I dont think it solves the root problems Bill. One of the>reasons I havent picked up an aftermarket weather program. I>think it mostly enhances your cloud textures and the variety>you can see, which makes it nice, but it doesnt solve the root>MS wx problems. I could be wrong! If so i may pick this up>myself!>>HornitYou and me both....I've been holding off buying this and other addons in anticipation of FSX being able to solve some of these very problems, but it's sounding like that won't be the case. I know that AS comes very heartily recommended by many and I too wonder if it helps aleviate some of the cloud issues in FS9? Maybe some others care to comment. I already use Chris Willis's fix but still have some issues with climbout/decent. Looking as if I might be buying these addons and sticking with FS9 for awhile longer anyway.......... Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Cat.5.13's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

>I use AS6 with GE Pro and Flight Environment and its as real>as it gets. I say that from the point of view of a 'real life'>pilot.Glad to hear that...does your sim stutter any more/less (or the same) because of these addons?? Thanks.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Cat.5.13's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest PPSFA

I dont get any stutter, but I had the crew at FSGS tweak my system for max performance. It all depends on your system, Im not an expert on puters.

Good to know. I might consider the FSGS tweaking as well. Thanks. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest PPSFA

I use FS primarily for videos, so I need it as real as possible and as smooth as possible. These addons in addition to FSGenesis and UT did the trick for me, once FSGS got done tweaking.

Hi All,There are certain things in FS04 that we absolutly fix for everyone. One of these is the sudden transition from low vis to high vis. There are some tweaks but nothing is perfect.Also, because of our cloud choices there is no FPS hits or stuttering for almost all of our users.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

I also have most of the FS2004 "enhancers" programs like listed above, so with FS2004 running SO GOOD, why would I want to start all over again and go with FSX? Whats so special about it that some have abandoned Fs2004 and gone with FSX? If you know the answer, please advise. I just dont think my FS2004 could be any better and I (think) I'm satisfied with it for the rest of my life, just like it is now. jerry

"climbing though an overcast sky to a nice bright blue sky?" has been one of my "wants" - if that's the right word. This is a fabulous addon, and one I use continuously - but the one thing I can't seem to replicate is in thr real world - when climbing through dull, grey overcast one becomes aware, over a period of a few minutes - that it is becoming brighter and brighter - and then quite suddenly - one bursts through the tops into a brilliant, bright blue, perfectly clear sky, with nothing beneath you except an endless sea of beautiful, solid white cloud. Has anyone else experienced this? or perhaps I am not alone, and this just can't happen in the sim?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

PJ, Im assuming that Active Sky 6 does a very good job with overcast cloads and transitions, is that correct?I dont think there is a way at the moment that fS can change the color of clouds (whiter and whiter) when getting closer the break.Thanks,Bill

having just purchased Active Sky 6i can only say go get it.i use it on an ancient amd1800,and even i have framerates in the 20.i can't believe i flew without it for so long though.it transforms the sim,that and FSUIPC.imho,it's a must have.it is way better as the freeware one(FSMetar) i used before,even though that one wasn't bad either.given the limitations of fs9 weather,the AS team did a magnificent job.cheersJP.