Sign in to follow this  
BigRick

BGL file listing

Well, somehow one (or more) of my BGL files has become corrupted. Anytime I start a flight from KDTW, KDAY, or KCMH or overfly that region, FS crashes. MS Support was unable to help me, so I'm checking here. Their suggestion was to reinstall the game, which really isn't an option since I have over $1000 worth of add-ons. What I'm looking for is a listing of which cabinet files on the FS9 disks contain which BGL files for a specific geographic location. Barring that, which directory (name, namc) contain the BGL files for the above areas. KCVG and CYYZ both load with no problems, so it must be just in this geographic area I'm having a problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance!-Rick

Little follow-up to my post. I have narrowed it down to the daytime textures. If I load the sim at night, it works fine. If I then change to day, it crashes. Very strange.-Rick

Hello RickTry this utility by Frank BergsonIt will let you install the original textures from the FS9 disksFilename: texpand2.zipLicense: FreewareAdded: 10th December 2005Downloads: 1105Author: Frank BergsonSize: 729kbWith the proliferation of Flight Simulator add-ons which modify scenery texture files, it may occasionally be necessary to restore files originally installed by FS2004.

Guest jlmurc

Thanks for raising a question that answers a question that has been puzzling me for months now as I cannot go anywhere near KSEA without the system just returning to desktop.A reinstall worked until whatever I had added next raised its head and the same problem occurred.Anyway downloaded and will shortly use.John

I found the problem just before you posted this message. It WAS one of my add-ons, one that I had forgotten updated the textures. Even tho it wasnt for the area that I was flying, it was close enough it was causing problems. Seems they were the fall textures. If I switched to summer, no crash. Switch to fall, crash. So, I just disabled that add-on. Grabbed the file you suggested and will hand onto it for future use. Thanx again!-Rick