Sign in to follow this  
Guest shelley1995

stars.dat

Guest shelley1995

Hi, I see post here in reference to adding more stars into simulator. I looked in the fs09 cfg.folder but I don't see anything in relation to "stars". Can someone tell me exactly where to find the "stars".dat in simulator? Thank you.

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Thanks so much for responding. Autostar seems great. I had no idea it was around. I am having problem installing though. I keep gettin "run time error 76" I don't know about this. Can someone help? Thanks again.

Guest thearrowmaker

I have not used Autostar personally so I cannot comment on it but if you contine to have problems with it then I suggest using what I use myself. Search for "real_stars.zip" in the avsin library. It's a dat file originally meant for FS2002 but it works just fine in FS2004. Simply place in your FS9 folder overwriting the one present. It's that simple. I've used it for years. It's brilliant. This is from the readme:By default, it displays 9095 stars, which is much more than FS2002 standard.You may edit the line NumStars=9095 in the file FS2002stars.dat to adaptthe number of displayed stars to your personal convenience:NumStars=1600 ; displays 1600 stars brighter than magnitude 5.0 NumStars=5025 ; displays 5025 stars brighter than magnitude 6.0 NumStars=9095 ; displays 9095 stars brighter than magnitude 7.0 Alan

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Thanks. I'll check it out. Autostar seems pretty cool but I don't want something when installing, it gets complicated. Thanks.

Are you running it in a compressed folder?I remember having that problem before.Cut and paste it into a folder.I have mine located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAutostar.Cheers P.S If your having a tough time drop me a line and I can just send you the .dat file which is only 82k.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG