Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Captain Sim receives Gold Star Award

Hi all,I've been kind of reluctant to purchase any more addons for FS9 with the arrival of FSX, but I just finished reading the review for Captain Sim's 757 and it received Avsim's Gold Star Award. I was looking for a second opinion on this plane. I will say that it looks quite enticing and also I've purchased the PSS 757, but I guess I'm a little dissapointed with it to say the least.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Hi all,>>I've been kind of reluctant to purchase any more addons for>FS9 with the arrival of FSX, but I just finished reading the>review for Captain Sim's 757 and it received Avsim's Gold Star>Award. I was looking for a second opinion on this plane. I>will say that it looks quite enticing and also I've purchased>the PSS 757, but I guess I'm a little dissapointed with it to>say the least.>>Thanks,>JeffI own both. The CS version is incomplete, in that it lacks the proper, 757 specific flight dynamics. In other words, what you're flying now are the various visual models, put together with FS9 default flight parameters. It's flyable, but not much fun, if you're looking for accurate procedures. PSS's version cannot hold a candle visually to Captain Sim's 757, but at least it's complete (which, as we know by now, means a patch that will be forthcoming in 4 to 6 months, and a load editor/fuel planner that has been promised since September).I suspect that nobody will be buying the PSS version once CS rolls out Block F and squashes any remaining bugs. Also, framerate performance on PSS's 757 is atrocious. Loading times are excessive. ricardo

Thanks Ricardo, really I've had my eye on the CS 757 for a while now, but I've been reluctant to purchase because of like you say, the flight dynamics are default or substandard and also, there is no FMC. I own a few CS aircraft and have been dissapointed with a couple of them, I was however, quite impressed with the C-130, except of course that it lacks the navigation systems that its real world counterparts are almost always equipped with. I hope that CS does update the 757 with custom flight dynamics and the FMC, because I'm guessing it will be a real winner.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I have CS 757. Don't hold your breath waiting for more blocks.

Still waiting for the much promised 707/727 patch..........

That review is an absolute joke. To put C/S in the same category as PMDG and LVL-D as "the finest payware available for FS" really is ludicrous and the review should be removed or redone in a more realistic tone. From reading that review you would think C/S is the best thing since sliced bread. In my industry we call that a BS review contrived by someone with an extreme personal bias to what they are actually reviewing. That review should be re-done as it is so obviosly biased to C/S it really is a joke.As for the PSS frame rates, convert your textures to DXT opposed to 32-bit and see what happens to your loading times. I have no issues at all. I am with you on the whole fuel planner/load tool though, it is absolutely disgusting PSS has not delivered that yet.IMHO, you can not compare the two 757's though as far as C/S is concerned, I might as well be flying the old MelJet 777. Great visuals but no substance. And when exactly is block F coming LOL? Maybe by FS XII but we sure never saw them with FS9 now did we?And then what makes it worse, Avsim will not even approve my post disagreeing with their review LOL... It is being "reviewed" for posting LOL.Come on guys this is a black eye on the credibility of Avsim as far as I am concerned. -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I'm really beginning to wonder if we just see things differently than the reviewers?OK...after spending $63.95 (according to the chart in the review), you get:A plane with a wonderful 3d model, great paints, a cool limited-use 3-d cockpit and engine sounds.You'll still be waiting on an FMC and real flight dynamics (which I wager to guess will add another $30 to the price tag)That's over $90?I'm sorry, in my opinion, the reviewer's eyes seemed to be glazed over by the wonderful visuals (no argument there).I strongly feel that Avsim should only review the

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest jacob001

>I strongly feel that Avsim should only review the

>I have CS 757. Don't hold your breath waiting for more>blocks.You are right. I don't think that CS will release Blocks D and F for FS9.ricardo

I laughed so hard reading the CS 757 "review" and I even posted a comment in the review feedback forum, I was surprised they allowed it to be posted but promptly deleted my responses. Avsim has always been pro-captain sim in general, and they always stand behind this company even while it continues to lie and deceive its buyers, by promising first updates to their products which never appeared then now the "block" system which gives you a good visual model but a lack of system functionality and basically a default 747 airfile and they continue to release new block after block of everything BUT the block people want (the fully functional FMC and airfile, panel, etc).And the reviewer had the nerve to talk about how COMPLETE it was and how REALISTIC it is. It is not to be believed. I seriously think the reviewers of captain sim products either want to get hired on by this company or are friends or benefit in some way from this review, I have no other explanation for how blatantly WRONG and deceiving it is.

I can't say much about the 757 as I don't have it, but the visuals look insane.I do have the Captain Sim F-104, C-130, and the 707, and I think they are all great fun to fly. I love the F-104 and the 707 because they are all dials and gauges, no digital nothing. Landing the F-104 is always exciting.Nice to see CS is reducing some of it's prices too. Might just get the AC-130 add-on for my existing C-130 base package. Price went down by %50.