Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Help Identifying Missing Files

Anyone know where these files would come from?scenery/world/texture 025b2an5.agnscenery/world/texture 025b2an3.agnscenery/world/texture 025b2an1.agnWhen I fly over UK, filemon is telling me they are missing, it keeps searching for them.Also, it says the following is missing but I cant figure out in the AI folder what it's referring to:woai_ai_b733texture.BAW-British Airwaystexture.cfgThanks for any help

Guest drmweaver2

I believe that, in the case of the BAW texture, it's referring to a texture file for the British Airways livery for a 737-300 that was included in the WOAI package you've installed.You ought to be able to reinstall that specific AI package and it should overwrite what is there and replace what isn't.I'm guessing that the program needs to load it for one or more AI aircraft in your visual area.You might also try using FSM(Flight Sim Manager - available here on avsim) - to diagnose and fix the other (agn) errors. Sorry I can't answer your agn question directly.

John,Thanks for the answer, but I checked the aircraft.cfg and the texture folder and all appears to be correct. What I don't understand is, I don't think I have ever seen a 'texture.cfg' file in any AI folder aircraft folder? The actual AI aircraft shows up in the sim ok as well.I did find that the other files are autogen related, however those particular files do not seem to exist in the FS9 CD's.

Are you getting any errors? FS repeatedly looks for non-existant files in non-existant locations. If it isn't breaking anything I wouldn't really worry...-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Well, since installing UT Europe I have been getting momentary drops in FPS (stutters if you like)I was using filemon to see what was going on.No errors, no.

Guest drmweaver2

Don't bet money on this answer.. but...If I understand auto-generated files correctly (and it's quite possible I don't), your agn issue might be related to a missing texture within that agn area. For instance, a missing building texture (in my case, I have a European roofs texture that I like when flying in Europe but which looks totally out of place in Africa.)???As for the WOAI file, what could it hurt to reinstall that package? I've made multiple errors messing with the AI files and simply reinstalling that one package cleared up the problem - the error of which I, in my blindness, never found. Sometimes, actually finding the error isn't worth the time it takes to just solve the problem the easiest way --- and again, what have you got to lose by reinstallig this package (unless you've modded it?).As always, accept or ignore these comments as you will. I'll never know either way and it's your machine. ;P

JohnThanks, no problem at all with reinstalling the WOAI package. I just like to understand where that reference for a texture.cfg came from as I have never seen it in an AI texture folder or the aircraft.cfg before.Glenn

FileMon is great no doubt about it but with FS unfortunately it can also be very misleading. If this is specific to UT then I would head over to the UT forums. There are few places in the FS world you will get better support. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19My statement was a broader one that FS in general is set up to be a memory leak waiting to happen. It will repeatedly look for non-existant files in directories that don't even exist, then keep looking in other random places as well and keep searching over and over for something that was never even there. I am betting that is what that texture.cfg is LOL. It is a strange beast the FS engine... Hence, Filemon can be misleading because you end up trying to find these files and directories when there was never a need for them in the first place. It is a viscious circle really :)Good luck over at the UT forums, you should find everything you need over there :)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Thanks Paul,I'm already over there and having a 'conversation' with Allen about it. Great support. I just hope I can work it out as I love UT Europe!Would hate to have to ask for a refund. It would be the 1st time ever from Flight1.Glenn

Good luck Glenn, Allen is great. I strongly urge you do the following, I had to do this with UTUSA at first. Disable all UT features and restore FS. Then re-enable features one at a time with the major things like landclass first etc... Eventually you will add that one thing, be it rails parks whatever that is just too many polygons to load.I know it is long and tedious but it allowed me to keep flying with UTUSA minus the rails and parks :)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Paul,Will try that, thanks.What do you mean by 'restore FS'?Thanks,Glenn

In the UT setup tool there is an option to restore all default FS settings.Good luck,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk