Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

FS 9 Doesn't See My Video Card

Guest machammer

I have been trying to get FS X installed on my computer. Now in the process of changing video drivers and finally back to my latest ATI drivers before all this started. FS 9 now says my video card doesn't support 3D Hardware and it will use 3D software. When I checked the display settings hardware in FS 9 there is NO video card listed.Specs:XP Home with SP2Compaq Presario P4 3.6GHz with 3GB of RAMATI RADEON X600 with 256MB memory.Can someone tell me how I can get FS 9 to see my video card? This card came with the computer and has been working fine for almost 3 years.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Guest RonB49

Hi Bill,Have you tried deleting or renaming Fs9.cfg and then starting FS9? The sim will create a new config file and may fix your problem. If it worked for 3 years with that card, then I suspect this will fix your problem.If you have not done this before, then be advised that you will lose all of your custom settings. For that reason, I usually rename the existing file from FS9.cfg to FS9.cfg.ORG. Then, after I have a new file, I can cut and paste my settings from the old file to the new one.R-

Guest machammer

RonB49,Thanks for your reply.While looking into this problem. I discovered that my DirectX has problems. I have a case open with Microsoft on this issue. I spent several hours on the phone with them yesterday. Problem still exists. We are suppose to pick it up again today.I got tired.Regards.Bill