Sign in to follow this  
Guest twoarms

whats the best add on scenery for fs9?

Guest twoarms

hi all,am currently running a 76m mesh with ultimate terrain and ground environment pro and am pleased with the results....but is there anything even better in terms of ground realism.i mostly fly vfr.have looked at the vfr scenery available.is this better than what i have and does it run alongside my current terrain software.thanks in advancerichard

I think you would be quit pleased with Misty and or Tongass Fjords Alaska scenery. They cover an area larger that Switzerland and represent some of the finest scenic's in FS9. As far as a small area, I would recommend looking at the Portland scenery. It is the highet quality I have seen.Bob...

The first thing that comes to mind isMisty Fjordshttp://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1052AndTongass Fjords http://www.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1992Both sceneries have patches that make them work seemless with UTFor a small high detail area look at Orcas Island:http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...products_id=737Something you might haven't tried yet is photoreal scenery. It replaces all the add-ons you have except maybe the mesh. You fly above aerial photographs of the area. It can look great.Georender Yellowstonehttp://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2030My own fauvorites are the photo real FranceVFR sceneries with custom autogen.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I like the photoreal stuff for VFR. There is a lot of it around, including Portland (Flightzone 02 is excellent), Megascenery, GeoRender, etc. Those are payware. There are quite a few freeware photosceneries available too. I've done a couple (Albuquerque and El Paso). There's also a really good one for Tucson and another for Las Vegas. I think Las Vegas is only available on flightsim. I'm sure there are several others that could be found with a search of the libraries.

Aiports: Flightzones 01,02Scenery: Ultimate Terrain by a nautical mile.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Freeware flight ontario has an amazing version of Toronto and Thunderbay right here in the library.Payware, as stated Flight Scenery's stuff is awesome. Nothing beats Vauchez's work.I'm not a big fan of photo real stuff but the Mega Scenery PNW addon is very good.

Vauchez's FZ02 Portland scenery is the best I've seen. The area covered is a bit small for fast movers, though the airport detail makes landings fantastic at any speed.This is Piper Cub scenery. Low and slow and wonderfully detailed.

Guest ace4

I would suggest Flightscenery Portland as well.Very detailed, a real joy to fly in it and very good performance.Vauchez is a real artist in scenery design!Checkt it here: www.flightscenery.com. There, you may find Vauchez's first scenery, Rhode Island. Also a freeware airport in France, which gives a very good sense of his art. Sakis