Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

FS2004 ATC IFR sucks:(

Guest dogdog1985

During my flight from Lumpur to Hong Kong, WMKK to VHHHWhen I approach Hong Kong, the AI ATC ask me to tune to Hong Kong CtrThe Centre ask me to Climb to FL190. I am very suprised that why I have to climb to this height when I am ready to landing at Hong Kong. But I just do the same. It is already 16miles from VHHH ,and all of a sudden, the CTR asks me to tune to Guilin CTR. So I do the same as told. However, the Guilin CTR told me to desend to 1700 and ready to get LOC. Omg, I am at 19000 and was told to descend to 1700.As a result, I can't land and go back to TD. So when I go back to TD, I turn 180 and get LOC/APP to land at 25LThe tower allowed me to land at 25L and so I land it safely. But I saw an A330-300 ahead at the runway and just run to each other, going to crash. So I turn deeply right to exit the runway to avoid the crash..My questions are that why the Centre told me to climb to FL190 despite I am going to land. Also, the centre should not allow me to land at 25L, and should land at 25R, but the centre didn't do that.The ATC just sucks and didn't respond to real situations.!!!!

Hi,1. This is a family forum.2. FS04 is only a game.3. It is well known that ATC has it's shortfalls.4. There is software out there to improve things, like AI Smooth and Radar Contact.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Ive never seen this problem and I fly IFR all the time, maybe something wrong in your flight plan creation?

I agree, the default atc is horrible. I never use the default atc, I sometimes fly online, but when i fly offline IFR or VFR I never use the atc, i just go about my bussiness as usual, that way I can plan and fly approaches at my liking.I cant stand the fact that the atc will vector you 60 miles out, tell you to turn left then right then left then right then left etc. etc. it's much too unrealistic and besides they dont allow following of approach plates.Not a big issue as stated above there are programs out there that correct this i think, although i have yet to try one.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest lrosello

I use Aismooth and it helps out a little bit with aircraft spacing. I had a similar issue with ATC this week. I flew IFR to MROC and requested descend 7000 and was allowed to. No sooner I hit 7000 I was told to climb to 19,000 even though I was 30 miles away. I started climbing and hit 13,000 when I was told to descend to 7000 again. There was no logic to it and i just accept it knowing that it's only a game.

If you were 16 miles from the airport at FL190 you should have known ATC vectors were off way before then."Also, the centre should not allow me to land at 25L, and should land at 25R, but the centre didn't do that."Then fix your VHHH AFCAD.FS ATC doesn't suck. It only sucks when the pilot sucks and doesn't know what he's doing and so blames ATC. I fly into Hong Kong all the time and never had any issues, & I use the same "lousy" ATC.

Eric Thornton

>>FS ATC doesn't suck. It only sucks when the pilot sucks and>doesn't know what he's doing and so blames ATC. Actually, it does, but only in the same way the default 737 'sucks' - it's a limited, watered down taste of the real thing, no more, no less. Remember too it's WE that take it beyond it's limits with loads of custom AI - what can one expect?My additional advice to the original poster, when it starts to ah 'suck', just 'suck' it up and ignore it. Either that or replace it altogether with Radar Contact.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark