Sign in to follow this  
Guest Water Mango

Opinions please on the Eaglesoft Beechjet/Hawker...

Chris, we have no problem with honest opinions or any customers refusal to purchase based on their own purchasing criteria.What we occasionally take issue with is that some folks rely on others experiences/opinions without giving a product a fair shake on their own hardware and evaluate for themselves whether a product serves their own needs.The result is that some "brand" a product as useless without knowing that there are plenty of satisfied customers in BOTH sim versions to offset the negative experiences of a few.....That is an unfair practice in our view and is something that happens all too often in this industry.We build each product with customer satisfaction in mind and are always disapointed when a few are disatisfied with our work. Again, that is the reason for our 30 day, no questions asked, refund policy.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Water Mango

Thanks Dillon and others for digging deeper into the framerate issue. We may have found a little work around to this problem until Eaglesoft (may or may not) fixes it for good. I'll be purchasing this bird when I get the chance now if all your test go as good as last night... :-)

Thanks Chris...We're still testing, I'll let you know what we find out later.With everything I've tried believe it or not a workable work around is easier than we once thought (doesn't fully solve the problem but it helps and makes the plane flyable). :-)I also found what seemed to be a memory leak when I did a test flight last night with the default install. The more I flew the worst performance got. I'll need to ask everyone else are they experiencing this...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Test the default Lear 60 and you will see the memory leak as well...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

:-lol Ron we're just trying to do the best we can to get the most out of this wonderful add-on you provided. Maybe Chris shouldn't have posted our efforts here...I'll try the Lear tonight and see what I get... :(

FS2020 

Chris I'm done on my end, I sent you a PM...

FS2020 

Hey guys, I owned the older version Beechjet Hawker, and now I am very concerned. Does this plane have a performnace issue or something?? If it helps for example of something that should not be happening... even with my system specs (see sig) I have trouble running the DA Cheyenne for some reason unknown to me no matter what I do. Now I am concerned the new version of the Beech will cause me trouble too. So, if someone can clear this up if possible.... Does the Beechjet Hawker 1.5 have a problem in FS9?? I am really not clear after reading all the posts. I am aware of the 30 day policy, but I'd rather not install it unless there is a good chance it will work the way it's supposed to. The older version ran just fine from what I remember, and the new version looks basically the same as far as textures go. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"So, if someone can clear this up if possible.... Does the Beechjet Hawker 1.5 have a problem in FS9??"Beechjet Hawker 1.5 for FS9 has a known issue which has been addressed as follows....Andrew Wilson and the team at SST Sim have issued a patch today for their product which eliminates a conflict with our FS9 Beechjet Hawker 1.5. SST Sim owners are encouraged to install that patch to prevent a CTD when running our Beechjet 1.5 and pressing the ALT Key. This was discovered after our release and shows up when users have an unpatched SSTsim.dll in their Modules folder. A few users also experience a refusal by the sim to load the PFD in our FS9 Beechjet Hawker 1.5. Neither issue is showing up in our FSX Beechjet Hawker 1.5Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hey Ron, thanks for your reply. It's nice to always see you at all the forums as you are dedicated to helping your customers. I don't have the SST product, so that is not a worry, but if the PFD should have an issue in my FS9 rig, is there a fix that can be applied at this time? Thanks again.

Jeff, right now it is random on less than six users systems and seems to be associated with certain hardware combinations but may be a matter of some video card/drivers not liking GDI+. At lease two have reported that the issue went away after changing video drivers.It's an odd one and is isolated to only a few but is a real puzzle at the moment. :-roll

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for the info Ron. Much appreciated. Well I quess now I know what my next FS add-on will be. I always liked the Hawker, but did not use it much as it got dated and had limited functionality. I have been using the CX and CII for my main business jets. Thanks again for your help.

You are welcome Jeff. Enjoy:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron I don't appreciate your total disregard for an issue I'm personally having with this product. :-hmmm "Test the default Lear 60 and you will see the memory leak as well..."The joke above is seaming less funny than I originally took it. This is my last purchase from you guys if that's how it is... You kind of had the same attitude when I first brought you the 'CTD' issue (SSTsim.dll). My above comments in this thread were the first reports of it and that proved valid but this is something I guess I'm just making up, go figure... :-boom

FS2020 

>Ron I don't appreciate your total disregard for an issue I'm>personally having with this product. :-hmmm Dillon,The reference to the FSX Lear 60 and its reported memory leak was an error, that's what I get for hopping from FSX to FS9 forums. We fixed your ALT Key CTD issue by way of working with the good folks at SST Sim. We are unable to duplicate your low FPS but suspect there may be a local harware issue involved. A large number of satisfied users do not report the same same low FPS as you do.By the way, we often wonder why people threaten developers with refusal to purchase when it obvious that it is, and always has been, their own their free choice to make??

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png