Sign in to follow this  
Guest Water Mango

Opinions please on the Eaglesoft Beechjet/Hawker...

Ron I have almost every (decent) add-on on the market, freeware included. I just can't believe now all of a sudden my hardware is at fault. You yourself said the Beechjet is more intense do to programming techniques... I have every ES product released with the exception of the Columbia and have no problems. I have PMDG's birds, beta tested for Dreamfleet and Feelthere, and currently working on some other well known products. This is crazy, I would think I would be a more reliable source than many around here with the years I have spent in this game.I know I'm not the biggest fan of FSX and have been very vocal about it (if this has anything to do with personal credibility). Call me the black sheep behind the scenes now... Many of you guys love the new sim but I'm one of the senior simmers in this community that's holding out. I know I'm searching for logic here but it makes no since I can come in hear after working on quite a few projects and have you guys who I've been friends with (virtually) for years downplay an issue I'm having. I'm really ticked about this Ron... :-boom

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

No downplaying on our end Dillon...the Beechjet 1.5 IS more intense than its predecessor but that has not kept a large number of folks from enjoying her in both FS9 and FSX. Those facts cannot be ignored anymore that the facts in your case can be ignored.Quick question, do you think that if we had a magic bullet for every user out there we would withhold it? :-roll

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

"Quick question, do you think that if we had a magic bullet for every user out there we would withhold it?"I don't think you would but when a user comes in here asking if there's a problem with this product, mention all the problems. This thread has many post on VC performance problems and you tell the guy above everything but as if I'm just blowing smoke... Let's say I was the only guy reporting this just like the 'CTD' issue, it's still valid.So to better answer the guy's question above, there is a VC gauge performance issue some are having on top of the other issues you took ownership of..."The reference to the FSX Lear 60 and its reported memory leak was an error, that's what I get for hopping from FSX to FS9 forums."This mistake ironically fit into the crux of this discussion very nicely (intended or not intended based on the outcome)... Anyway, this is unfortunately another black mark for me concerning FSX. I really like the default Lear. So now we got this along with no Dusk or Dawn ground lighting (except at airports among many other things). I sure hope all this gets addressed in the Vista/DX10 update along with the ground scenery development issues. :-(

FS2020 

Boy oh boy Ron, you guys at Eaglsoft sure know how to create a ruckus (long threads) in these forums :D :(

>Ron I don't appreciate your total disregard for an issue I'm>personally having with this product. :-hmmm >>"Test the default Lear 60 and you will see the memory leak as>well...">>The joke above is seaming less funny than I originally took>it. This is my last purchase from you guys if that's how it>is... You kind of had the same attitude when I first brought>you the 'CTD' issue (SSTsim.dll). My above comments in this>thread were the first reports of it and that proved valid but>this is something I guess I'm just making up, go figure...>:-boom Dillon, you stated in an earlier post:"I also found what seemed to be a memory leak when I did a test flight last night with the default install. The more I flew the worst performance got. I'll need to ask everyone else are they experiencing this..."Ron's response was to that statement, so I'm unclear how that's a joke. There is indeed a memory leak in FSX. See, gauges by default don't allocate any memory. After all, they just do a bunch of drawing and rendering. For the most part once a gauge is loaded, it's memory use is static. However, in FSX there appears to be a memory issue. I've tested it using default FSX aircraft and can duplicate the behavior. It has absolutely nothing to do with our addons whatsoever.As for attitude for the CTD issue, you're being a bit unfair in that regard. Your CTD issue would only generate if the menu for FS was activated, either by pressing the ALT key in full screen mode or by trying to run in windowed mode.Gauges in an aircraft have no interaction with the menu at all. In fact, MS doesn't offer any menu access to gauges whatsoever. In FS9 if you want menu access for your addon, that will require that you create a module application that resides within the Modules folder of FS9. The Beechjet/Hawker product has no such module.Given that, and putting you in our place... if someone told you the ALT key was a CTD problem... what part of the product would you consider to be the source of the issue? Exactly what response would you offer to them? Here's the response I gave you in our forums:"Dillon, there's no rhyme nor reason why selecting ALT to activate the menu would result in a crash. The gauges have nothing to do with that part of FS whatsoever. I realize it's not an ideal response for you, but to be honest the only time I've seen such behavior in any application it has usually had something to do with hardware. "My response to you was posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:33 pm Your initial response here was posted: Mon Oct-23-06 02:40 AMClearly your issue was neither dismissed as trivial nor ignored. In fact, as soon as I got a response regarding the error report, the cause of the issue was immediately determined. It wasn't our product causing the crash.As for frame rates, your system may be able to run lighter level aircraft panels. This is not one of those, and the existence of an FMC has no impact one way or the other on that. It's the level of information provided on the PFD and MFD. Your video card is 3 years old technology wise. Your motherboard RAM is no longer the current technology either (for several years). The speed of your video combined with the speed of your RAM are going to result in a performance bottleneck for more complex video rendering.On a final note, I really hate having to come here and continually rehash all of this. However, you continue to publicly state things in a manner that is easily misleading and most definitely misrepresenting the product and our team as a whole. You don't like the product, you're dissatisfed. We get it. You've been told you can get your money back, that's a fair stance.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>Boy oh boy Ron, you guys at Eaglsoft sure know how to create>a ruckus (long threads) in these forums :D :(Ha Ha, Yea some days are like that...well back to the grindstone:-) :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ed Chris has been worse than me, I've actually been more than cordial about it. It wasn't until the last few post that I go upset about this issue.Chris made a valid comment above about FS9 and performance. Why would you guys create something more complicated internally than the PMDG 744??? In a day and age where FSX barley runs default without any add-ons the question is, Why??? Many FS9 users won't fully upgrade until after Vista is released, what's the point??? You don't need even a year from now hardware intensive add-ons for FSX (it's going to be over year or two from now before we'll be able to run default FSX with max setting let alone the add-ons on top of it. This is unless Aces pulls out a miracle with the Vista/DX10 patch). You could have accomplished your same goal using more efficient means. I'm not a gauge programmer but we have a wealth of examples going back the last three years to prove that (I could point to two Concords, VMAX 742, PMDG's 744, and Level-D as great examples). A Beechjet should run circles around Level-D's complex add-on. Back then it wasn't just assumed simmers had 3+gig machines and they developed outstanding products with that in mind... Now I could see something programmed along the lines of this Beechjet/Hawker put out next summer after most serious simmers have already upgraded to the Dual Core boxes but not now...I think I will go for the 30 day money back option as I will most likely be purchasing this aircraft for FSX next year. Maybe you guys should extend the coupon option for previous Beechjet users. I own all ES aircraft with the exception of the Columbia. I will not fully upgrade until Vista has a few months on the market and Aces releases the FSX/DX10 patch.I'm done with this issue as there seems to be a number of Simmers using FS9 on 3+gig machines (thus reporting no problems). I guess some upgraded in the past six months preparing for FSX and bought newer machines. It's a shame to upgrade twice or three times with Vista and those new DX10 Video cards around the corner (better yet to upgrade and only get 10-12fps at the most with many sliders turned down). I had no idea we would have to deal with new FS9 add-ons requiring the same specs a low end FSX boxes... Oh Well, life goes on.... :-roll

FS2020 

"I think I will go for the 30 day money back option as I will most likely be purchasing this aircraft for FSX next year."Dillon, we agree. The 30 Day refund option was designed for folks like you and we encourage you to take advantage of it.We do not wish to keep your money if you you cannot enjoy our products.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I am also seeing bad performance in the VC, but mainly with the gauge refresh rates. I have a fast computer and every addon runs great, except this package. Am I the only one who gets about 1 FPS gauge refresh rate in the VC while the 2d looks fine???? Am I not going to get any assistance minus "we have not seen it"?

Al, at this point we are unable to determine the cause for such low refresh rate on your machine while many others are enjoying theirs.While we wish we had a better answer for you, we are still unable to provide a coherant solution.The puzzle for us is that your machine seems capable of delivering much better perfomance than what you are experiencing and yet less powerful machines seem to be doing prettywell??

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I am also seeing bad performance in the VC, but mainly with>the gauge refresh rates. I have a fast computer and every>addon runs great, except this package. Am I the only one who>gets about 1 FPS gauge refresh rate in the VC while the 2d>looks fine???? Am I not going to get any assistance minus "we>have not seen it"?I'll work with you in our forums.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69