Sign in to follow this  
Guest xoio

Northrop YF-23A & Boeing X-32B - Any downloads?

Are there any downloads available for FS2002 of these exotic 'runner-ups'If so, can someone kindly provide a link,,, payware or freeware...RegardsAl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

BUMP..... I hate how this site organises posts... I only submitted this yesterday evening, & I already found it burried on page 3 with only 17 views..... Grrrrrrr

In case people are wondering....the YF-23 lost out to the F-22 Raptorthe X-32B was Boeings JSF offering... odder but strangely cooler looking plane than the Lockheed X-35 than won.Laz

Hi Laz,I don't think there are any avaliable, at least I have never seen any on my travels.You could try searching in the avsim,simviation,flightsim.com file libarys though you may come up with something.I can remember that Shigeru Tanaka (I think thats right :)) had a couple of futuristic fighters avalible but I can't remember the web address.Sorry I could'nt be of more helpTry here http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/shigeru/warbirds.htmnote what you wanted but hey!! :)Dan

Well you could start from a F-15 or similar. The YF-23 will mainly differ in supercruise (like Concorde)and have stealth which is done in the graphics. Have you looked for F/A-22 models as they look very similar. I3D are doing F-16/18/15s at the moment so they may be starting points.The XF-32 will be a different kettle of fish. The nearest to that is an AV-8 Harrier which are around but the vectored thrust is the big problem but that would be agood starting point. Or even the F-35A/B/C if they exist. Why do you want the competition loosers. Do you have the competition winners already?Ian

Of course i want the loosers..... In my opinion they should have one....It's clear from both the Boeing & Northrop designs that people were afraid of change..... Just a quick look at how exotic these two aircraft are in shape compared to the ones that won, tells you that.And yes.. the F-22 & the JSF that won the competitions have been (as in the F-22 ) & will be (as in the JSF) Modelled to death by many a Flight sim designer & gaming house.Would be nice to see them thats all :-)Laz