Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

FS9 add-on prices

I was curious how my fellow consumers are viewing the present/future pricing of FS9 add-ons. There are price drops from 10% to 30% on many diffent products already. Though many are of excellent quality, it will soon be odd perhaps to see a Cessna, for example, selling for a premium price when that Cessna's quality has been approched/duplicated/exceeded in FSX. This also applies to terrain.I'm not criticizing the quality of FS9 add-ons (or FS9 itself), just wondering when real life business comes into play and prices really drop for add-ons that are, if not years old, then at least technically (since FSX is out) designed for an "old" game.I guess it must be considered that FSX, at least due to our present hardware limitations and its lack of add-ons, is not the "world of flight" that FS9 has become with its years of shelf life and it's ability to run very well on present hardware. But it's in people's nature to shift focuss to the newer product and the developers will obviously do the same.So, the bottom line, when do we start seeing the premium FS9 add-ons dropping from $25+ to $9.99?

>>So, the bottom line, when do we start seeing the premium FS9>add-ons dropping from $25+ to $9.99?> >When developers begin to earn money from FSX addons. Otherwise they'd face a drop in income which must affect their ability to develop new products.

Guest aarskringspier

I doubt theyll drop for a long time to come; there is still many that want them and theyre still worth their current price. I for one dont think twice about purchasing something new for FS9.

Guest jgreth123

Keep in mind that companies that have discounts for older products are usually selling cheaper to make room on the shelves... most FS addons are downloads and not a physical item taking up room in a warehouse / store shelf somewhere.I doubt you'll see any drop for quite some time to come.

Until the hardware catches up to allow reasonable frame rates in FSX with high quality payware add-ons don't count FS9 out quite so soon. Even though I have FSX, FS9 is still my main sim due to performance issues and the fact that I have invested a lot of money towards add-ons in FS9.That being said, I don't feel the need to drop prices on most FS9 add-ons due to the fact that they are mostly download purchases and don't carry any up-front stocking fees or hard costs. That, combined with the fact that FS9 is still going strong, is why there wont be any deals.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com