Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Is there a "Must-have" freeware and payware list?

There is so much great stuff out there, and I'll be sticking with FS9 for a while since I'm not going to be even close to running FSX for some time.I'm pretty interested in things which make "everything better" like Ground Environment and others which enhance the visuals in the sim, as well as replacement textures, replacement Autogen, etc.Any help appreciated.thxAndrew

Hey Andrew: there are tons of them in the library just go there and look at the link that says "This Year's Hot Files"Also I could suggest my Real Environment Professional in the library :) It has been downloaded over 39,000+ times in the last month :)Tim :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest martin842

Active Sky id probably the single most praised add-on in these forums. It is payware. See www.hifisim.com. It is compatible with FS9 and FSX.There are also lots of freeware water texture sets in the AVSIM library for you to try out.Martin

Actually, that's how many times the file was accessed, same IP's count...But yeah, tooting your own horn works, and it's a nice download Thanks

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The FSX forum holds all the older posts regarding FS9. I remembered one in particular: Search for topic #260713.Just enter "best freeware list", or "best freeware airplane", without quotes if you want to narrow down your search. I find this is a great way to try new stuff. I can't tell you how many times in doing a search for something I discovered something even better, especially regarding freeware scenery.Hope this helps.

Must Have Payware:Active Sky 6Flight Environment (not totally required if you use AS6 + graphics)Ground EnvironmentUltimate Terrain (USA,Canada,Europe)Level-D 767-300ERDreamfleet Beechcraft Bonanza or Baron (or both!)Flight 1 ATR72-500Must Have Freeware:Wow, too many to list.Here are a few, plus a link to freeware scenery listings for FS2004:KBOS v2 by George Grimshaw (FlyTampa, payware qaul)IFSD Irish SceneryISD Italian Scenery Design - various airports in Italy (payware qual)RealCDG 3.1Link:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpGlenn

Guest il fanciullo

Active Camera is for me absolutely essential for it's ability to replicate natural head movement in the virtual cockpit.Have a look at this link for a really comprehensive list of useful downloads and sites with an 'at a glance' description of each site:http://www.tony.smiths.btinternet.co.uk/msfsgate_scenery.htmStill one of the best freeware aircraft available after more than 2 years: search AVSIM for galeb_11.zip.The same authors have also produced some other wonderful aircraft e.g. sms_sg.zip also at AVSIMAnother of my all time favourites is this: cc9g21f2.zip ...a wonderful Grumman Goose by Lynn and Bill Lyons.ciao, il fanciullo

>Actually, that's how many times the file was accessed, same>IP's count...>>But yeah, tooting your own horn works, and it's a nice>download ThanksRyan how do you know I was talking about avsim only. LOL. I am talking worldwide. Not just here. Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com