Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Need a little more help in installing airports

Guest blaster331

Greetings All,I would like to find out that when an author of an addon airport says you need nova gold textures and gerrish grays trees installed into the texture folder do they mean the main fs9 folder or the airport texture folder that we create duing installation?Thanks for helping me with my education! LOLBest regardsAndrew

FS9/textureSome will tell you to place them in the worldtexture folders or whatever, with those two I'm pretty sure you put the textures in your main FS9texture folder. Also, read the readme or installation documents that come with the novagold textures and gerrish gray's trees.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest blaster331

Thanks Jeff, Some of the install instructions are really not that clear IMHO but you have been a great helpIf an afcad is installed in addon scenery will fs automatically put aircraft an ai to it?Andrew

>>Thanks Jeff, Some of the install instructions are really not that clear IMHO but you have been a great helpIf an afcad is installed in addon scenery will fs automatically put aircraft an ai to it?Andrew<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi, Andrew,Everything that Jeff said.:-) I have found that it may be a good idea to go over to Flightsim.com, go into their "MUST HAVE" files and get the Nova series and the gerrish trees downloads. I'm not sure if AVSIM has them in one place in the library which is not to say they don't. However, you'll find them all in one place at that site, plus some other stuff you may like to have.Like Jeff I am not a "guru" when it comes to this stuff so I take advice very well. People smarter than I always suggest backing up everything you change. In this case we are talking about your FS Main texture folder. I have 2 of them.(I've learned by experience to be paranoid. :-))There are 4 NOVA files. Each is to go into your Main Texure folder. I unzip to a junk folder and copy to the Texture folder, overwriting when asked to do so. The "readme" is pretty straight forward and easy to understand so you will have no problem. If you mess up you have protected your self by having backed up your original. (BTW...rename your copy of the texture folder to something like TEXTURE.org, or*.bak)Again, the readme in the scenery or airport will tell you what to do with the nova textures. If you have to add to don't over write the newest one.Hope this helps. Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)