Sign in to follow this  
georgetyrrell

Autogen with with photoreal.. yes or no?

Hello,Just wanted an opinion on this one, been using FS9 for over a year now and I'm finally at the level that I want to be graphically etc, this question was never actually relevant until I purchased the Flightzone Portland last night, but do most people use full or normal autogen with photo scenery like Flightzone? I can't actually make up my mind whether it looks better with autogen turned off, I find that textures seem to be a bit blurry under autogen, just wondered what the majority do?Thanks for your opininonsGeorge Tyrrell

Guest jgreth123

FZ02 is the ONLY photoscenery I use so yes I use full autogen.I've seen MegaScenery and others that make autogen look like garbage.

I use Autogen sat at 85%. Added note, best scenery I've ever seen on FS9. The New Zealand package of "scenery" and "20M Mesh"(along with Ground Environment Pro.). Bought it from simMarket, expensise, yes, $70 US but worth every penny. Jerrycwo4

Guest jgreth123

>I use Autogen sat at 85%. Added note, best scenery I've ever>seen on FS9. The New Zealand package of "scenery" and "20M>Mesh"(along with Ground Environment Pro.). Bought it from>simMarket, expensise, yes, $70 US but worth every penny. >Jerrycwo4Er... that package ( IMHO ) isn't any better than Misty Fjords ( and falls short of what Tongass Fjords offers ) and far more expensive than both.I guess it depends on what you want.To me, FlightZone 02: Portland is ( by leaps and bounds ) better than any other scenery package to date.

I have to agree with you there, I've not seen anything quite like it and I've been through a lot of scenery. I'd pay even just to have the grass textures they're that good! Some photoreal in my opinion, like the VFR for the whole of Britain for example can be very blurry and cartoon like, Flightzone just nailed it really George Tyrrell

Guest davewins

I just purchased FZ02 last night as well. I am experiencing a problem. I am running at 19fps. I was really curious as to what jgreth's settings were exactly in the video he made and what his fps were at the tarmac in KPDX. I am getting at worst 19fps and my problem is a little bit of stuttering and I can't really focus on the beautiful scenery at the airport. I have everything maxed out for settings completley. I did the optimiz fs on flightscenery.com. It's when I am panning around my VC I notice this as well. I was wondering exactly the settings that were used and possibly extra addons with jgreths video. Thanx a lot for responding.

Megascenery folks do a decent job with Autogens on their phototextures. Unlike many of the photosceneries you get from EU. Like England and Swiss sceneries. In FSX, the good thing is, we can leave the trees and take out the buildings. So this might be a new thing. I used the Megascenery Hawaii in FSX and it looks allright with the tree autogens.BTW. Aersoft's german sceneries use selective phototextures with their auogens and carefully placed bridges and other VFR points. Its very very nice. I have their German scenery 4. Its one of my fav flying spot. They are 80% carefully placed autogens and landclass + 20% Phototextrues.Megascenery is like 80% phototextures and 20% autogens.Real scenery seems to be 50% 50%.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter