Sign in to follow this  
Guest stems

FS9 why pulling to the left

Guest stems

I have the SAITEL X52 but for some reason in FS2004 everything is fine except when I am either on the runway or just before touch down the airplane (PSS A320) will pull to the left and will be very hard to pull it to the right. I am not using any AP, just auto throttle. I am not sure whether it is the Joystick or anything else but it seems it is the FS as I tried even the MS Sidewinder and the PMDG 737 all with the same effect. I also tried with cross wind of 10Knots from the left but still will go to the left as if not wind is present. or worst still having wind from the right.I calibrated the joystick many times and disabled joystick handling from FSUIPC.Any idea what could be the issue.

It sounds like for some reason 1 of your engines is being cutoff or you are accidentally cutting it off somehow by pressing a combination of E + 1 and/or 2.I used to do it all the time by accident when I was flying online after typing something into the squawk box window and forgetting to click back on it again to type another line fo text.Not sure if that'll help you or not.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hi, do you have auto-rudder enabled in the sim? Try it enabled and disabled to see if makes any difference and that might begin to narrow it down. Sounds eerily similar to a rudder issue I battled with when I first picked up my pro pedals. Also, does this happen when you disengage the yaw dampner? Another sign that might point to rudder sticking or not calibrated. Hope it helps out.Regards, Kendall

Regards, Kendall

Guest stems

I will try to autorudder but this happens also before takeoff, as soon as I start speeding down the runway the airplane starts going to the left, I will be able to pulling it back with the rudder but it is very strange. I also increased the null levels in the Joystick settings but this had no effect. I am not sur whether anything of the above will have an effect, I know that autorudder is on all the time. I will try later on today.

Hi,Do check your engine gauges and see if they are producing the same thrust. Also, go to external view and look at your rudder. You should be able to spot any rudder deflection visually.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest stems

I do not think that this is related to the type of airoplane as I tried with the PSS 320 and PMDG 737 but I will look at these details again.

Guest stems

I did a series of checks and I discovered that the plane is being effected by the wind but the opposite way that I expected. If I have cross winds from the right the plan will go towards the right and if from left it goes to the left. This is clearly visible just speeding down the runway. Removing weather effects the plane just runs down the runway without any problems.For me this is weired but I can be very very wrong. Any ideas ????

Make sure you have the latest FSUIPC installed. Are you using any external weather programs? If so try changing the options in the settings, etc.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Another possibility is a conflict between the rudder trim, or left rudder possibly being assigned to two different controllers. Go into settings / assignments and make sure none of your throttles, rudder pedals, or yoke have buttons intentionally or unintentionally assigned to rudder trim or left rudder. Check FSUIPC to make sure all of the rudder trim tabs are "NOT ASSIGNED." Also make sure you're not using the "ZERO" number pad key as a push-to-talk key for on-line ATC, as it functions to trim rudder to the left! I just solved this same problem for myself. I was using the Bigger zero num pad key to communicate with on-line controllers or other pilots and consequently getting a left yaw on roll-out or whenever I pushed the key to tlk during flight. Glad I still have some hair left to pull out.Good Luck,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest stems

Altough I have Active Sky I am not using it for the tests and I am using the FS weather. I just go to advanced weather and set the wind before start to roll down the runway the plane will slowly turns towards the direction from where the wind is coming. I did not see much effect while flying it is only before take off and as soon as I touch down. From the front it seems, altough not clear that the front wheel is not straight but turned a little towards the direction from where the wind is coming.It could not be a key that I press as I do not press any keys just either increase the trottle using the trottle control or using the authotrottle on the Airbus, in both cases I have the same effect. If I clear the weather it goes straight down the runway.I also deleted the FSUIPC.ini but did not make any difference. It is weired, I thought that this may be something known as it has been a long time since I used FS2004 and stopped for this same reason.

Guest stems

I did more test and it seems that if I enable Taxi Wind Control to Automatic in FSUIPC then the effect is reduced but still exists, it must be something to do with the wind. I understand that if I have cross wind coming from the left the plan should go right not vice versa as it is now.

>I understand that if I have cross wind coming from the left the>plan should go right not vice versa as it is now.During your take-off roll a cross-wind from the left will hit your tail-plane and like a weather-vane will cause the nose of your a/c to point towards the left. This is nornal. As you increase speed on the runway this effect becomes less. After you take off, the lack of contact between tyres and concrete will mean the same cross-wind from the left will, as you expect push you to the right.Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest drmweaver2

You know, I've run into that myself -- even when not using a joystick! Doesn't matter which plane I fly, default, freeware or payware - it's happened with multiple aircraft both with and without a joystick involved.I haven't a clue why it happens - it's not a 100% of th etime thing for me. I simply compensate with a bit of rudder and the problem clears itself up as soon as I am airborne for some reason.Not sure if it affects my helo flights or not as I still have trouble controlling the darned things.

Guest stems

Thanks Peter, this is what I wanted to hear, so this is not a problem but a normal issue. I am not a pilot so this is why it always confused me. On Landing this realy makes it hard to control the a/c, I think I need more training. I managed to land an A320 without AP but as I hit the ground then I am encounter the problem.Many thanks.

I'd like to believe the simple answer, winds, is the correct one, it usually is, but I don't think this is a cross-wind issue. You can disable winds during taxi in FSUIPC to test this hypothesis. I think you'll find that your barking up the wrong tree. If you get outside of the aircraft in spot-plane view and look at the nose wheel, you'll probably notice, as I did, that it is undesireably turned to the left during takeoff and landing roll-out. Switching my "push-to-talk" switch from the Zero/Ins number pad key to Scroll Lock, then recalibrating my CH rudder pedals has helped tremendously. Also, somehow, my rudder trim got assigned to the PROPELLER/RPM lever on the throttle section of the CH yoke! You have to be careful when calibrating and assigning functions to axes because sometimes FS9 just flips from yoke to rudder pedals as you're changing screens. Check all of your control assignments, in FS9 AND FSUIPC to make sure there is no conflict.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.