Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Which Nvidia driver is (still) the best ...?

Guest Terblanche

I know that the latest drivers are not nec the best BUT for a P4 1.7 with GeForce4 and 512DDR RAM, which Nvidia driver will be the best one ...? Some suggest 29.42 other's the Detonator drivers but I've found the Detonator to be slower than the 29.42.Any advice will be welcomed.Laat waaiTerblanche

I still like the 30.82 drivers the best.. very stable and less variability in framerates. The newer drivers tend to jump up and down (on my P4 system)..

Bert

I like the 42.86. It's the best one I've tried for my system.

I'll 2nd that. On my system, nothing comes close to them.

What setting do you use for anisotrophy (?)And what would that correspond to in the earlier drivers, where you could not set this value?

Bert

I am using the new Omega drivers based on the 42.30's. Brilliant, and they dont use AF to achieve equivalent visual quality, so sparing valuable FPS for other tasks.I am surprised no-one has mentioned these as they are the very best drivers I have used with FS2002, and I am fully conversant with RivaTuner, aTuner and all other tweak utilities.http://www.omegacorner.com/ChasW

Guest Stratus_Fractus

ChasW,Are you using the quality or performace drivers?

Guest ScottPilot

I like the 30.82's. The most stable, best graphics quality, and fastest performance with regards to frame rates for my system.I would suggest that you pick several of the driver versions and try them all. Then you can get a good idea which ones are the best for your specific system.I know it's a pain, but it's worth it in the end!Scott :-)

Im using the 30.82 because they support 3D drivers to work. I have 3D glasses and when I tried a new driver it would allow for the 3D driver but that was some time ago. Does anyone know whats the newest driver that is compatible with 3D drivers?Kil~

I just tried the 42.86 drivers.. work fine in FS2k2, but the AA settings do not work in my other flightsims (WWII Fighters for example)...So, back to 30.82, still the best!

Bert

Guest Terblanche

Well - thanx for all the advice ...I've downloaded the 29.42 installed - tested and uninstalled! Then it was time for 30.82 and the same ... and then 42.86 and the same story.The result - 30.82 was the best of the three!BUT!!BUT!!Then I downloaded the OMEGA drivers and YES they are simply the best. The most constant f/sec and switching between FSNav and FS with no delay. ZAP! And you are from the one to the other. Less blurries on the heave LAGO TeraMesh scenery.Thank you for that tip. They will stay on my computer!Terblanche:-)

I use the 29.42s or the 42.86s.Both work great and the 42.86s kicked the 30.82s butts in visuals on my system....not to mention they provide higher framerates.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Terblanche,Were those the 'quality' or 'performance' Omega drivers?

I just tried your omega drivers and am disappointed. they complete messed up my system, offering me wonderful 4 (in words: four) colours at a resolution of 640*x pixel. I was not able to set either higher resolution or more colours :-(and yes, I followed the instruction in the readme that came with the driver and did replace all 'newer' files reported during the installation. now I am back with good old detonator...CheersPhilCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpgAMD XP 2700+, 512 MB, ASUS A7N8X, GF4 440, 17" TFT

Hi Greg,I see you have a system close to my specs and I have a question for you. Could you, please, email me at m.ga@verizon.netThank you.Best,Marcelo.