Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Which Nvidia driver is (still) the best ...?

Guest Terblanche

GregI went for the 'quality' option ...T

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Thanks Terblanche.

Can someone provide a link for these drivers? please

S'funny, didn't I already do that?I am using the `quality` option too - seems as though Omega has done something `funny` with AF as I don't get the FPS hit I normaly associate with Anisotropic Filtering and the level of AF doesn't show up in the Control Panel settings, yet I see IQ at least on a par with 4x AF on my GF3 Ti200.ChasW

That's Safe Mode. You didn't install them right.ChasW

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I just changed from the earlier Omega drivers to the new 1.423oa drivers and am pleasantly pleased. These new drivers, at least for my system, seem to be almost perfect. I've found a few more frames per second and the eye candy is even better.I picked the performance drivers, as I was wanting to get above 28 fps on the tough scenery . . .I really like the new Omega drivers.Best to all,ClayP 4 1.8 OC to 2.34600Ti GeForce512 ramAsus MB

Okay, silly question of the day:Tweakers like RivaTuner are not needed any more when using the Omega drivers?Just curious.Thanks in advance.Brad

Everytime I try to install the Omega's, I get a message that says "cannot be updated, no better match for your computer could be found' (that's more or less what it says).Any idea why that is?thanks!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

You can, but the author of the drivers doesn't recommend it.

>Everytime I try to install the Omega's, I get a message that >says "cannot be updated, no better match for your computer >could be found' (that's more or less what it says). >>Any idea why that is? You are relying on automatic install. You must select the location of the new drivers manually using `search specific location`, not `look for better drivers`.ChasW

>Okay, silly question of the day: >>Tweakers like RivaTuner are not needed any more when >using the Omega drivers? >>Just curious. >Yes, that's correct. As well as uninstalling the old drivers correctly you MUST also disable or remove any `tweaks` that may have been applied by the tweaker. RivaTuner offers the `restore default settings` button. Or you can uninstall RivaTuner as it is so quick to reinstall if need be.The reason is that many of the presets applied by Omega are the same kind of tweaks offered by RivaTuner and the like, but it's the use of such tweaks in combination with older and newer files from other drivers sets and specific registry settings that makes things interesting. The file readme specifically mentions not to touch the mipmapping box, which will be empty in Nvidia Control Panel after installing Omega drivers, or AF. FSAA and vsync may be adjusted manually, and overclocking may still be applied. I have RivaTuner handling the mild o/c on my GF3 Ti200, but have all other options running `pure` from the install of Omega drivers. I run 4x9-tap at 1024x768 or quincunx at 1152x864 and the image quality matches anything I've seen with AF, but seemingly without AF being switched on, which is good for fps.ChasW

Thanks for the reply. Great info!...I think I'll give the Omega's a shot.Thanks again and happy flying!Brad

Sorry if this is dumb question of the day but here it goes: I have yet to upgrade my drivers that I have with my GF4 Ti4600 card (I still have the 27.xx series installed). I would like to try these Omega drivers but afraid of messing something up on my computer. Upon d/l of these drivers, can they be installed right over the old ones? I have Win XP so as long as I don't shut off my computer, I could use the roll back feature and get the 27.xx drivers back correct?

Eric