Sign in to follow this  
Viscount

Aurora Borealis

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I might get rid of the aurora borealis effect in FS9? Although I liked it at first, now it mainly annoys me, especially when it shows up over places like Denmark and southern Sweden (Irl it's very rare here, but in FS9 I see it all the time). Also something is wrong with the effect on my system, sometimes causing it to follow me down as I descend, sometimes even all the way down to the ground. I'll happily try any suggestions.

Guest oyvindhansen

Simple: Just go into the effects folder and remove the fx_aurora* files. This effect is ridiculously unrealistic so it has to go. For one it places itself at low altitude in fs, while it should be at several hundred thousand feet.

Guest pilotbrian0

Cool, when I first saw it, I was like, "cool."And then I saw it againand againand againand pretty soon I'm like, "#####? Why is the darn thing so low, and WHY is it there every other flight?":(

Guest LAzerxxx

I've never seen itHappy Flying, Hayden Lee Laffoonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMy Rig: Compaq Presario SL1315CLProcessor: AMD Athlon 64 2.4gHDD: 160gb (Stock HD)Mem: 2048g PC3200 DDR 400mhzGFX: XFX 6800XT 256mb GDDR3 (OC:475, 1.14)Sound: Creative X-Fi PLatinumSpeakers: Logitech X-530 5.1Monitors: 19" LCD, Stock 17" CRTPSU: Antec SmartPower 2.0 350wt:-outta