Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Those with Ground Envirornment Pro

Hi all, planing on purchasing this package since I just purchased Activesky 6.5 and dont know why I didnt buy that package sooner. Question, is there a huge frame hit on have all those autogen in the scenery? I have my autogen in second to highest for the default textures....I just hope i can keep them that high with GE Pro.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I would not let the autogen setting influence your decision on the purchase of GE Pro II. There are so many other fantastic 'advantages' of having this program, autogen is only one.Everyone has a different threshold of FR hit they are willing to 'live with', so your mileage may vary from mine, or someone else's.All that said, I would not consider this to be a 'huge' frame-rate 'hog', but it is adjustable irregardless, as these textures simply replace the defaults, and are no larger in size. Looks great though....especially with Ultimate Terrain and mesh thrown into the mix ;)

Guest twoarms

not at all Bill.being a user of both,you will be amazed.i was!richard

Guest Shalomar

I also fly with autogen at the same settings, 100% traffic, locked at and getting 20 FPS easily. GE Pro actually knocked out a blurry problem I was having!!! (Have ASV too)ASUS K89 (Plain) AMD Sempron 2700+ 1.5 gigs RAM ATI Radeon X1300 256 DDRBest Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Donny, after I download the latest weather with Activesky and load a flightplan, then all I have to do is press the GE Pro button and it loads the GE Pro textures automatically via Activesky 6.5?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Here is another question regarding GE Pro, which Im going to get tonight...does it load water textures too? I like the dark waters textures that came out as freeware recently via Real Environment Professional from Tim Fuchs. If GE Pro does change the water textures, then I would have to load Real Environment Professional and load the dark water textures before loading FS9 each time. Is this right?Thanks,Bill

Thanks guys for the insite. I purchased GEPro and Active Sky and all I can say is WOW!!!!!Im sticking with FS9 for a bit longer now.Thanks,Bill

>Thanks guys for the insite. I purchased GEPro and Active Sky>and all I can say is WOW!!!!!>>Im sticking with FS9 for a bit longer now.>>Thanks,>>BillGood play Bill. Those two, plus ActiveCamera make FS9 the great product it truly is. A nice Cessna 441 Conquest helps too!Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Well, I have the Jetways and Terminals for KSAN and this is the only issue I have with Ground Envirornment Pro. Is there a way to fix this?Thanks,Billhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160104.jpg

Hi Bill,You just need to create a small exclude bgl file to get rid of that autogen building.I use ExcBuilder2 for that, available here.Here's how I use it:1. Go into Slew mode (Y)2. Go into Top Down view (Ctrl-S)3. Press the Space Bar to point true north.4. Slew to the upper left of your exclude area. Click the two buttons in the upper left of ExcBuilder5. Slew to the lower right of your exclude area. Click the two buttons in the lower left of ExcBuilder.6. Select All Objects to get rid of the autogen trees and buildings. 7. Click the Generate XML button.8. Click the Generate Exclude File button. I give mine names that start with x (xklax_terminal.bgl).Move the resulting .bgl file from your ExcBuilder folder to your scenery's folder, or to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, or any other active scenery folder listed above the default folders.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks Tom, will try that outBill

Tom, do I need FS Connect for this program?Bill

Thanks Tom, worked like a charmBill