Sign in to follow this  
Guest vladyesayan

Tupolev TU-154

Guest fabio

Hi all,First post here!I have recently downloaded the Project Tupolev TU-154 and must say that it is an excellent freeware package. However I cannot get my hands on the Enlgish Manual/Tutorial for it. I have tried various websites but it doens't seem to be around - not even on the Project Tupoelev website itself as the link I clicked led to nothing.Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Hi Fabio,I read your question and went looking also to see if I could help you.In the process I learned more than I wanted to about the PT TU154:-)I downloaded it, the update, loaded it (I hate auto installers:-(), Marvelled over the panel, push every button, flipped every switch. wished I could read Russian, Started the Beastie, Taxied to the end of the runway, Full throttle, Blazed down the runway, lifted off, Flipped the little switch to raised the gear, congratulated myself for getting the thing up, wished again the I could read Russian, then immediatly commenced to crash. I was devastated!!So now that I've been traumatize let me offer this. While reading the english version of the support forum at the Project Tupolev site I recognized the name CALYPSO. I'm not sure but I think I have read in some of his posts that he is into Russian aircraft. I don't think he would mind if you sent him a personal message asking his advice. You can find him in the "profiles" section in the forum. I don't know him, but from reading his posts he tends to be helpful and knowlegable. Course, I could be wrong as ***L:-) but it is worth a try.:-)I apologize is I am sending you on a wild goose chase, and if he is not the person you need I will try to help you find the manual or someone who can answer you question.Hope this helps.MonnieBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

English manual is available, just check your program file documentation. It's there.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest vladyesayan

>Hi Fabio,>>I read your question and went looking also to see if I could>help you.>>In the process I learned more than I wanted to about the PT>TU154:-)I downloaded it, the update, loaded it (I hate auto>installers:-(), Marvelled over the panel, push every button,>flipped every switch. wished I could read Russian, Started the>Beastie, Taxied to the end of the runway, Full throttle,>Blazed down the runway, lifted off, Flipped the little switch>to raised the gear, congratulated myself for getting the thing>up, wished again the I could read Russian, then immediatly>commenced to crash. I was devastated!!Hi Monnie.I have several questions for you.First let me say.. that I fly PT-Tu154b for a very long time.I think it is practically imposible to start the engines without reading manuals (besides, when you load the model, the engines will shout down automaitcally, so there is no way to start the model with engines running. Wel there is a way but you have to be in flight for some time than save the game using the provided tools with Tu-154)... And even if you read it's going to be reallly not as easy as one might think. Knowing the controls for Boeing or Airbus aircraft wouldn't help you much.So Question number 1.. how did you start the engines?Ok now lets say you've managed to get those engines running.How did you prepare it for takeoff?? How did you turn on the hydrawlics without reading the manual?The chances are almost zero you wourl prepare it for the takeoff correctly. And there is a light which says "Not ready for takeoff", unless this light is not on you would hear a very bad alarm noise after setting take-off power, and most probably you wouldn't have control over the plane....

Hi, Fabio,First of all let me apologize to you. It seems that you are more serious about this than I was in my answering. However, evrything I said was true. Thing is...I left parts out.:-) I never said that I did things correctly. I definately said that I "wished that I could read Russian."Let's see if I can asnwer your questions.You're right! the engines do shut down...and they get really mad when you press "control+E"! But they stay started. It is not impossible to start something in a game by other means such as experimentation. However that was not my end result:-)"Wel there is a way but you have to be in flight for some time than save the game using the provided tools with Tu-154)... And even if you read it's going to be reallly not as easy as one might think. Knowing the controls for Boeing or Airbus aircraft wouldn't help you much."Oh really??:-) I think you might not be entirely correct here."So Question number 1.. how did you start the engines?"Simple....I CHEATED!!!!!:-) My intention was to try to help you the best I could. I could not without looking. I downloaded more than one plane. The first one I downloaded had an auto installer and I could not find the manual. I downloaded and looked for other planes and found TU154_b-2_with_new_virtual...zip in the library and guess what? THERES A MANUAL. Problem...It's in Russian!:-) Guess what else?...The engines don't shut down! Still not my final solution.:-)"Ok now lets say you've managed to get those engines running.How did you prepare it for takeoff?? How did you turn on the hydrawlics without reading the manual?The chances are almost zero you wourl prepare it for the takeoff correctly. And there is a light which says "Not ready for takeoff", unless this light is not on you would hear a very bad alarm noise after setting take-off power, and most probably you wouldn't have control over the plane...."Fact is I did get the engines started in very short order. I did not turn on the hydralics (that I know of)And you are right...The thing make terrible noises!:-) But I'm a glutton for punishment.Finally, people who are "have control over the plane" don't usually CRASH!! I specifically stated that I crashed.Fabio, my desire was to help you. Again I apologize if my answer was not as serious stated as your question. However, I was and still am willing to help you find an english version of the manual or help find someone who can help you. I'm sure that there is someone out there who can help you. We have too many good and knowlegable prople in this forum and your question is not that hard to solve. We are a world forum and we have simmers here who speak and read Russian as a primary language. Heck, there might even be a "real world" pilot out there typing as I type this.:-)"First let me say.. that I fly PT-Tu154b for a very long time."I'm happy for you. You got it started without the manual and you started the hydralics without the manual. I did also for 1 hour.I cheated!!! I aliased first a Boeing 777 panel using FSM get away for the alarms. I wanted to check out the fight dynamics and I liked the sounds of the engines since I had not heard them before. I then decided that i would keep the plane for a while to see if I could ever learn to use the panel. (I like panels and this one interests me)I then aliased a MD-11 panel to the plane since it has 3 engines. ("Knowing the controls for Boeing or Airbus aircraft wouldn't help you much.")It does if you you install one of those panels.:-)Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. Hope you find what you are looking for.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Thanks for your help,Dave.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest vladyesayan

>Hi, Fabio,>>First of all let me apologize to you. It seems that you are>more serious about this than I was in my answering. However,>evrything I said was true. Thing is...I left parts out.:-) I>never said that I did things correctly. I definately said that>I "wished that I could read Russian.">>Let's see if I can asnwer your questions.>>You're right! the engines do shut down...and they get really>mad when you press "control+E"! But they stay started. It is>not impossible to start something in a game by other means>such as experimentation. However that was not my end>result:-)>>"Wel there is a way but you have to be in flight for some time>than save the game using the provided tools with Tu-154)...>And even if you read it's going to be reallly not as easy as>one might think. Knowing the controls for Boeing or Airbus>aircraft wouldn't help you much.">>Oh really??:-) I think you might not be entirely correct>here.>>"So Question number 1.. how did you start the engines?">>Simple....I CHEATED!!!!!:-) My intention was to try to help>you the best I could. I could not without looking. I>downloaded more than one plane. The first one I downloaded had>an auto installer and I could not find the manual. I>downloaded and looked for other planes and found>TU154_b-2_with_new_virtual...zip in the library and guess>what? THERES A MANUAL. Problem...It's in Russian!:-) Guess>what else?...The engines don't shut down! Still not my final>solution.:-)>>"Ok now lets say you've managed to get those engines running.>>How did you prepare it for takeoff?? How did you turn on the>hydrawlics without reading the manual?>The chances are almost zero you wourl prepare it for the>takeoff correctly. And there is a light which says "Not ready>for takeoff", unless this light is not on you would hear a>very bad alarm noise after setting take-off power, and most>probably you wouldn't have control over the plane....">>Fact is I did get the engines started in very short order. I>did not turn on the hydralics (that I know of)And you are>right...The thing make terrible noises!:-) But I'm a glutton>for punishment.>>Finally, people who are "have control over the plane" don't>usually CRASH!! I specifically stated that I crashed.>>Fabio, my desire was to help you. Again I apologize if my>answer was not as serious stated as your question. However, I>was and still am willing to help you find an english version>of the manual or help find someone who can help you. I'm sure>that there is someone out there who can help you. We have too>many good and knowlegable prople in this forum and your>question is not that hard to solve. We are a world forum and>we have simmers here who speak and read Russian as a primary>language. Heck, there might even be a "real world" pilot out>there typing as I type this.:-)>>"First let me say.. that I fly PT-Tu154b for a very long>time.">>I'm happy for you. You got it started without the manual and>you started the hydralics without the manual. I did also for 1>hour.>>I cheated!!! I aliased first a Boeing 777 panel using FSM get>away for the alarms. I wanted to check out the fight dynamics>and I liked the sounds of the engines since I had not heard>them before. I then decided that i would keep the plane for a>while to see if I could ever learn to use the panel. (I like>panels and this one interests me)>I then aliased a MD-11 panel to the plane since it has 3>engines. ("Knowing the controls for Boeing or Airbus aircraft>wouldn't help you much.")It does if you you install one of>those panels.:-)>>Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. Hope you find>what you are looking for.>>>Best regards>>Jan1,KIND>>When I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)Now My friend I should say that you didn't get my post correctly. I am not Fabio... I AM NOT THE ONE WHO STARTED THE TOPIC.Check my nickname and topic starter's ... .. :)Here I'll say again... Unless you've downloaded a wrong model (I mean not the PT-Tu154b) THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD KEEP THE ENGINES RUNNING.Except but to understand how it works, pause it right away at loading and turn on neccessary switchies. People sometimes spend a week to learn how to start those engines.Since it's clear that I am not Fabio now you can understand why I said that i've been flying this model for more than one year and know a lot (not yet everything) about it...Well, though I should admit that in case of you could keep the engiens running (again I'll say it's not possible unless you know what you are doing)you might probably able to takeoff as far as your FS's joy was turned on (the model utilazes it's own joystick configuration module, and before flying it you gotta turn the FS Joystic off CTRL-K).Ok, I am not trying to prove anything here. Enough of it. Jet let me shortly introduce the model..Project Tupolev Tu-154b, is a wanderfull freeware model that hase been (and is being) developed by real pilots and proffesionals.I've flown PMGD and LEVELD, and I can say it's more accurate in modeling the aircraft systems.It takes a lot of efforts just to learn how to start the engines,than much more effort to learn how to configure it properly for the flight, and thousands of times of more effort to learn to conduct a full flight.(properly)Those who want to experience a little bit of chellange should download the model at(here the forum moderators should excuse me if no external links are permited) protu-154.com .I should say that English manual is provided and can be found either on the website or right away with the installation package. You'll find the program's folder in FS's aircrafts folder. and you can access the english manudal from the START menu on you computer.I wish you good luck

VLADYESAYAN< Thank you for responding to my reply. You are correct in that I responded to the wrong person, However I am now glad I did. I have been away on business and this is my first oppurtunity to get back with you.As I stated before I do have the correct aircraft downloaded because I loaded more than one trying to find a manual in English and am quite excited about trying to learn about it. In reading your response I now hope to be able to minimize my learning curve as I go along. If you don't mind, I would like to call on you for help if I get too frustrated. It is a very interesting aircraft and I've heard alot about it through reading the forums. Again, thank you for your information that you have already supplied.MonnieBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

On the 'Project Tupolev' forum site I would strongly advise you to download these pictorial instructions which explain the start-up procedure with numbers that is quite easy to follow.http://www.protu-154.com/forum/viewtopic.p...2f6dd2129bf70f1I took the trouble to print them and refer to them in order to get the thing into the air. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest vladyesayan

Hi Monnie,You are always wellcome with your questions.I think, you'd also want to turn to http://www.protu-154.com/forumwhere you can find support in english.If you want to master this aircraft, I'd suggest mastering the russian alphabet(look in the english manuals).