Sign in to follow this  
Guest Will__UK

DA40/42 Aircraft .. for FS2004/FSX

Guest Will__UK

I'm starting my conversion course (real) into a DA40 tomorrow and I'm wondering if there is a DA40 or DA42 with G1000 in the making for FS2004/FSX?Cheers

Guest thegut97

Hi,I have around 120 hours in the DA40 with a G1000. That is one fun plane to fly around! You say that you are getting your conversion. May I ask what you are converting, I'm guessing FAA to JAA.Good Luck and have fun,David

Guest Will__UK

Thanks for the links guys.I have done more than half of my conversion now at Shoreham, it's gone very well and the a/c is very nice to fly. The DA40 seems to have smooth handling, a weird fuel system setup (god knows what the designer had been drinking LOL!) and is very comfortable.Being a FADEC a/c, the computer is always "hunting" for the best RPM pitch angle on the prop, which is something to get use to, when I've been use to listening to prop tones all the time.It does seem to lack power compared to the PA28 and a shallower rate of climb. You "fly" the DA40 down with throttle applied, just like a Cirrus or an airliner, compared to a PA28, where you can bring the throttle to idle.I will still fly the PA28 while I also fly the DA40. The conversion course would be JAA/JAR.Will

Guest thegut97

I'm glad the training is going well. The DA40 I was flying did not have a FADEC. I'm still unsure about them. From what I understand if the airplanes electrical system fails the engine also fails. Not sure if this happens in the Diamond Star but I know that is how it works in Liberty's. The five DA40's I flew in I experienced a total of three altenator failures. On one of my last flights in the DA40 I lost it over the desert going towards Phoenix, and coming in for approach we also lost the battery (Very stressful in B airspace). Anyway, I assume you are doing you training in England. That tricked out DA40 has to be costing a fortune.Good Luck,David