Sign in to follow this  
Gigabyte

Flight planning "assistant".

Hi People,I would apreciate if someone could help find a tool that I've seen not so long ago, but can't remember the name. What it does is suggest two airports for flight plan making based on several parameteres like distance which I am most interested in.Thanks in advance,Gig

Guest lve02000

try fsbuild 2.1to find use google or search forumrgdshk.

Hi HK,Thank you for replying.I alredy have FSBuild and other planning tools. What I want is a tool that, entering the airport of origin and distance radius, suggests me a list of possible destination airports based also (but optional) on parameters like runway length, ILS, altitude, etc.If there are no such program, maybe I could build one.Gig

Thanks Jon, you catch the idea. Also thanks for the link. I tried it but it doesn't showed any results for some queries that I made.Anyway, I actually don't need flight plans, just the names and ICAO codes of airports that match a given search criteria. Later I could pick the ones I like and make I flight plan. The searching parameteres would be distance, ILS, runway length and so on.I want this because I never do flights longer than 300 miles and sometimes I just don't know "from - where" to fly. By the way I fly the PSS A320 or the FeelThere 737PIC.If I make an application able to do this, maybe it would be of interest for other simmers, too.Gig

Hi Gig,Try flight_trip_chooser_1_0.zip. I'm pretty sure I got here in the Avsim Library. It's an XML file, so you must have Excel for it to work.Hope this helps.Joe

Thanks Joe for your answer. This is a raw version of what I have in mind, but will do the job and it serves as a starting point for what I want to create.Best Regards,Gig