Sign in to follow this  
Guest m4rk

Cold starts..

Guest m4rk

Hi; I am trying to remember how to have the default setup of FS 2004 (and FSX too for that matter) start out in a 'cold, dark' cockpit. I had this before and now (after a hardware upgrade, graphics upgrade,and reload etc.. ) I can't seem to remember how it was done.

Hi,Go to the library and get bc-dark.zip or fsas13.zip. I'm sure one of them will be what you need. I have read that you can use the default 172 to set up a cold and dark scenario by starting a flight and shutting everything off then exit.I must be spastic because it doesn't always work for me.:-)Hope this helps.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Park at the ramp, shut it all down (engine(s), lights, avionics power, etc.), and save the flight as default. The next time I go into FS9, it's at the ramp cold. Works always. Even if I choose a different airport (be sure to select parking or gate though).I fly from gate to gate usually for realism. The only problem Ihave is at night finding the battery switch, as the lights won't come on until the battery's hot. I get frustrated and do the autostart thing...Does anyone know a battery switch key press? Can one be set up easily?dolph

Hi, Dolph,Go to yor "Assignment", look for "Master Battery" and assign a key that you will remember.Hope this helpsBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Hey! Thanks, I guess I was looking for battery. Master battery. Master battery. I must remember this. master battery...dolph

Guest pilotbrian0

I have one master "default flight"It is simply the default flight, except I hit fly now, shut everything off, EVERYTHING, and saved it as FLTSIM.flt and said default. Now, no matter what I do, or what plane I use, it starts properly cold and dark (even PMDG and PSS planes tend to start properly, which I've not seen using the cold and dark modules)-Brian

Guest nigelb

Does anyone know a battery switch key press? Can one be set up easily?I think the default is Shift-M.

Guest khaehl

>The only problem I have is at night finding the battery switchMe too. I've tried shining a flashlight on the panel, but it doesn't help. :-lol

Use a luminous bitmap for the battery switch in the off position and that will be the only thing glowin' in the cockpit when you fire up the sim. If anything else is glowin' it's either a smoke left by the in bound crew or ground personnel..Douglas:-laugh1

Since I use bc-dark.zip, I've not used the plain and simple "save as default flight" method. One quick question: in saving the cold and dark cockpit/location, does it not also save as default the time and weather? Thanks.

Guest pilotbrian0

It saves as default the ("Season") but not the time (FS uses current time as default) and yes, the weather as well.-Brian

Yes current time is default and I use Jeppeson weather anyway so it's not a problem for me, it remembers that setting.You shone a flashlight on your monitor looking for your battery switch? Haha. dolph

Guest m4rk

I did setup the default as discussed and it worked. I was hoping it would be an easy fix. Thanks for all your help everyone.