Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

How to use search for addon scenery?

Guest blaster331

Can someone please explain how the search for default or addon scenery in settings is used? I clicked on search for addon scenery while I had Mr Ansari's New york LaGuardia airport loaded and now it just keeps coming up.I can't seem to be able to change the airport.Best regardsAndrew

>I clicked on search for addon scenery while I had Mr Ansari's New york LaGuardia airport loaded and now it just keeps coming up.I can't seem to be able to change the airport.

Guest blaster331

Greetings Monnie,If you go to choose destiation or airport there is a choice at the bottom right corner to search for default scenery or addon scenery. After I selected my airport La Guardia I clicked the button for search for addon scenery and it left me on the taxi apron which was cool.But what I find now is it dosen't allow me to go to a different airport in the addon scenery modeHope that is alittle less confusingBest Andrew

Yep, it is less confusing. "I see now", said the blind man:-)Okay, Here we go...Don't confuse yourself by thinking that FS is looking for or listing "default" or "add-on" airports. It looks for "ALL" of them and if you are not careful, it will find "all" of them which isn't pretty.Look carefully at what the screen is providing you as choices and you will see "drop down" arrows By default when you choose the deperture airport it will place yoou on the runway. If you click on the drop down arrow next to "active runway" you will find different starting points to include gate numbers. Start from the runway is such a drag.:-)Get used to using the "Flight Planner...". Give yourself someplace to go and come back to. I would be more detailed but it would be better to play with it yourself. Remember you can't really hurt anything. there are several ways to adjust your preferences of how you plan to fly your route. From the main screen you can choose your departure, but it will set your plan at a runway with no real destination which is okay, sometimes if you just want to fly. After your flight save it as a default or do nothing. It only takes a minute to plan a flight using the flight planner which does remembers and stores your flights. You can edit them as you go and in FS9 can change them whils airborne.If you don't already have it, I would suggest that you get AFCAD by Lee Swordy. That way you can actually see what and how many airports you have loaded. Remember that 2 afcads of the same airport(not counting the default.) is not a good thing. Bad thing happen.You also may find that it is a good thing to learn airport ID's or "icao". It will help you find where you need to go or be. Also makes it easier to plan your flight. By the way, you can always clear the "Filter search Results By" option by clicking the "Clear Filter" box on the lower right side. that will put back in the regular mode.Hope this helps.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest blaster331

Thanks for that but what I am asking is what is the option in select airport that gives a chioce between searching for default scenery or addon scenery and which one should be checked?Best ANdrew

Okay,I don't think that option exists in FS9 and of course I could be wrongMaybe someone else can help you , or you may wish to consult THE LEARNING CENTER index. Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Guest blaster331

Thanks Monnie, but if you click on select location, at the bottom right of Go TO Airport screen is an option for selection of default or addon scenery. MS does not give any detailed info that I can findBest regardsAndrew

Okay, Andrew,I had to experiment to see what you were taliking about and I learned something new from you. Heres the deal. I read the Flight planning section of the Learning Center and found that you can't over think it. The "go to airport is to help ypu if you can't remember the ID or iaco of the airport. I have installed add-on sceneries in my FS addon scenery folder. LaGuardia is one of them. When I clicked on the GoTo Airport tab using the addon scenery botton FS moved my plane there. I did it in flight and it put my plane on the ground at that airport. When I use the "select Location" from the main screen It showed my a list of all me addons by name. When I started my flight my plane was in a bad location. so I had to slew my plane to where i needed it. So I guess it is used to help you find and place your plane where you need it. The one thing I am sure of is that I could change my location by deactivating the addon scenery button or flight planner.So here is where we are. Use the addon scenery if you can't remember the addon by name and deactivate the button after you find the ID, or use your Flight planner to change to a different location. Also remember that when you properly add a addon scenery and activate it according to the readme, it now becomes the default scenery that FS will use. Do not delete default sceneries from FS as it is not necessary or advisible. However, you should install only one AF2_* in use.Hope this helpsBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

Hi,The Search Addon Scenery choice is only used when the airport does NOT show up when using the Search Default Scenery choice. Since KLGA is present when you use Search Default Scenery, you do NOT use Search Addon Scenery in these (or most other) cases.Hope this helps,

Guest blaster331

Many thanks to both of youBest regardsAndrew