Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

PMDG 737-800 and Posky 737-700?

Hello,I own the PMDG 737-800/900, but not the -600/-700.But I'd still like to fly the -700 in WN colors, with the Posky model.It wouldn't be a problem if the Ident says 737-800...Before trying this out I want to know wheter this is possible or not.Thanks!Regards, Mariusclassic3.jpg

Guest ThrottleUp

Sorry mate Id like to help but I dont understand your question :) I got this down:1. You have PMDG 737-800/900 but not PMDG -600/7002. But you want to fly a -7003. So you found a Posky -700I didnt get the ident bit..?Also to use the PMDG 800/900 you *have* to have the 600/700..was that a typo? :)

I think hes asking to use the -700 textures on the -800 and no that is not possible

guys,he wants to fly the posky -700 using the pmdg -800 panel.so as to avoid a very expensive downgrade :)i believe it might be possible,search the screenshot forum,somebody did it there.i don't have either addon so i don't know anything further :)cheersJP

>guys,>he wants to fly the posky -700 using the pmdg -800 panel.>so as to avoid a very expensive downgrade :)>i believe it might be possible,>search the screenshot forum,somebody did it there.>i don't have either addon so i don't know anything further :)>>cheers>>JP>>Mariusclassic3.jpgExactly what I mean!

Marius,If you already own the PMDG 73NG-800/-900, you must already have the PMDG -600/-700. It's a requirement of the -800/-900 update to have the base -600/-700 to install it. If you only have the PMDG -800/-900, there is someting wrong with your install and you should contact PMDG.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

John,I've got the 737-800/900 boxed version, which doesn't require the PMDG 737-600/700. Regards,Mariusclassic3.jpg

I agree - I also have the boxed PMDG 800/900 but not the 600/700 and they work fine.I tried using the PMDG panel with a non-PMDG -700, but without extensive modifications of the aircraft.cfg file, you get some very strange happenings. Not routinely possible, I would say.;)

Ok, thanks for your answer. What are those "strange happenings" and is the Aircraft still flyable then? I don't think I'll spend 40

Is the Skydecks panel available in a 3D VC? I wrote them and asked this question but never received a reply. I assume it is only a 2D panel but am not sure. I did get an automated reply indicating that my question would be answered, but that was well over a week ago. I only fly in the VC and use the 2D only if desperatly needed ( to click when those are not available in the 3D).

The Skydeck panel has, as far as I know, no FMC/realistic systems...I can't imagine flying without that anymore.Regards,Mariusclassic3.jpg